JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wait a sec here, isn't Weatherby manufacturing arms in Turkey and Japan?????
Rifles Made by HOWA still?
! Wonder who will be making them for Weatherby now, or will they just be a rebadge of some one else's designs?

Wait a sec here, isn't Weatherby manufacturing arms in Turkey and Japan?????
Rifles Made by HOWA still?
! Wonder who will be making them for Weatherby now, or will they just be a rebadge of some one else's designs?
No.......Weatherby (at least the MK5's) have been made in the US for a long time now. Weatherby was primarily a stock maker, many of his designs were built by Royal Gunstock's in the LA (?) area. I think he's shotguns and lesser rifles are still made offshore.

I believe the OP's point is that a firearm company has had enough of that very un-American state called california. Capital letter was left out due to reasons of respect.

I applaud Weatherby's move out of the People's Republik of Kalifornia, but I don't think PRK cares. Anyone that has had to run the numbers for a move - especially a complete lock, stock & barrel move from one state to another - knows that it is not a trivial exercise. Emotions might get you started down that road, but it would take more than just a change in political climate to justify the risks involved. And especially since Weatherby doesn't make the type of guns that has California in such a hissy fit. Yet. All the same, I truly hope the company thrives in Wyoming.

I have been to there shop on the central coast (Paso Robles). ........they were very accommodating and helpful. I wanted a left hand Euromark 378 and they had one stock available that they built for me. They moved there from longtime headquarters in South Gate where Roy founded the company. I thought at the time most of the real craftsman were getting old..........they are probably retiring or retired so the move won't be difficult. I have an American (Euromark) 378 and a German one that I have owned since 1975. They are very good quality accurate rifles. Probably not equal to my Blaser, Sako or Merkel's but very good and up to any task I asked of them. It is exciting to have them closer and in a free state.

Last Edited:
Good call. Candidly, I'm surprised it took this long. Cali? Ew. Godspeed, Weatherby.
Me too.......how long ago did Buck knives move to northern Idaho? I read the other day that the gun industry makes a large percentage of our jobs here in Idaho with CCI, ATK, et all. Wyoming is a great state, close to the top of the places I would live. Sheridan is also a great town.....

California firearms manufacturer moving to Wyoming

Firearms manufacturer Weatherby Inc. is relocating its manufacturing operations and corporate headquarters from California to Wyoming, marking another catch by Wyoming of a company abandoning a state that isn't as gun friendly.

Weatherby's move to Sheridan is expected to create 70 to 90 jobs and more than $5 million in annual payroll over the next five years.

Gun manufacturer relocating to Wyoming, bringing up to 90 jobs

What a great piece about Weatherby...
They are a great American company that formed in 1945, and have provided great quality firearms and ammo for sportsman nationwide. The great and famous 300 mag is just an example of what the company is about. The town of Sheridan at 17,000 is very happy to get Weatherby that will certainly helps there economy a lot... Good For them!

The last one out of California can turn out the lights!
Larry 243

I have been to there shop on the central coast (Paso Robles). ........they were very accommodating and helpful. I wanted a left hand Euromark 378 and they had one stock available that they built for me. They moved there from longtime headquarters in South Gate where Roy founded the company. I thought at the time most of the real craftsman were getting old..........they are probably retiring or retired so the move won't be difficult. I have an American (Euromark) 378 and a German one that I have owned since 1975. They are very good quality accurate rifles. Probably not equal to my Blaser, Sako or Merkel's but very good and up to any task I asked of them. It is exciting to have them closer and in a free state.

You are spot on my man!
Good for Sheridan and Weatherby...
Larry243

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR