JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There is a very strong push for mandatory vaccination. And fighting this is another very determined group fighting back. I am sure they could try and push this through with another Emergency scare clause.
you can add that to the what if's on the list to gain another groups attention

Senator Elizabeth Steiner Hayward, a Beaverton Democrat, tried pushing mandatory vaccinations for public school students recently which would have declared a state of emergency. After many parents, doctors, and other concerned individuals voiced their opinions for medical freedom, senator Steiner Hayward WITHDREW the bill due to mounting pressure from opponents.

http://www.oregonlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/03/vaccine_controversy_oregon_sen.html

It's not the end of the push, but it is a small victory towards maintaining our freedoms.

In addition, a South Florida congresswoman (democrat) has recently declared she wants a federal law mandating vaccinations for all public school students:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/b...son-mandatory-vaccine-law-20150203-story.html

At this point, it's not a matter of whether you favor vaccinating or not, it's the fact that they are taking that choice away from you.

Nobody seems to really get it, the way sb941 was put into law could be used on any law they want to make. Tomorrow they could call an emergency and ban fatty foods, old cars, burning wood ,drivers over 70 years of age, your religion could be banned as a threat to others.

I just wish people would get into this fight and boycott.

I am looking for a Idaho site to get the word out, states close will do the most boycott damage.
Good point. It's really a Constitution question. Are we willing to fight to limit our federal government to its designated role. Remember section 8 outlines these roles. The feds have no business in our schools, and they have no business in gun control. Yet they still ignore their mandate and impose via GFSZA and ESEA.

http://www.annenbergclassroom.org/page/article-i-section-8

As Reagan said, Government is not the solution to the problem, government is the problem.

Somewhere I read that slogans need to have three basic features:

* they need to be understood easily
* they need to be applicable to the problem addressed
* They need to appeal to emotion as well as to intellect

I deplore the plight of Oregon and Washington gun owners, but a slogan specific to WA594 or OR941 (are the numbers correct?) has little meaning to me in Idaho.

I like "People^2", but it requires too much explanation.

Although my offering (Self Defense: Your 2nd Amendment Right) should be understood easily, there are too many people, including some gun owners, who believe the 2A expresses a privilege. Also, it applies to gun rights in general, which too unfocussed for OR and WA problems. And, it is short on emotional appeal to the general public.

There are two old standbys that deserve resurrection:

"When seconds count, the police are only minutes away."
"When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns."

Not much help, is it?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show