JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I saw this from the WDFW Police Facebook page. I won't bother with the link, so, I'll just copy/paste their post...

Illegal Target Shooting Leads to Weapons Seizure

While patrolling closed roads in the Stemilt Basin, WDFW Officers Tucker and Smith found three males target shooting by Lily Lake. The officers watched as the individuals quickly turned from shooting clay pigeons to instead taking aim at the irrigation districts' new metal signs.

After several shotgun blasts into the signs, one individual threw his beer can into the bushes as the driver of the vehicle announced the idea to drive down the road and have the passenger lean out the window shooting signs with his shotgun. Hearing this plan, the officers quickly jumped into their patrol truck to follow them. The occupants of the vehicle had no idea the officers were behind them as the passenger leaned out the window and fired two different shotgun blasts at green dot signs as they were driving down the road.

The officers performed a high risk stop and detained the three individuals. After interviewing and documenting, three weapons were seized for evidence and multiple charges will be filed to include malicious mischief, loaded rifle in a motor vehicle, shooting from a motor vehicle, and litter. Restitution will be requested to pay for the replace of the damaged property.

Good catch by Smith & Tucker of WDFW Police! This happens often, however, it's not every day there are police near by to witness it! It's this kind of illegal activity that ruins and closes down recreational shooting. Glad they got 'em!

I suspect this is more common than we may think. It may be the biggest problem we face (irresponsible, disrespectful and illegal shooting). It's where the we all get a bad rap because of the 'Bozo's' like this (although I'm sure we have more fitting names for them!).

They are the tough nuts to crack. It's hard to get the message across to people like this. I'm sure these 3 now get the message and I hope others will get a clue as well.

Bill

Ha ha ha! This is Redneck target shooting at it's best! Yep, toss the beer can in the bushes, jump in the truck and shoot us some signs! Yee Ha! Hold my beer, Darlin!

I saw this from the WDFW Police Facebook page. I won't bother with the link, so, I'll just copy/paste their post...

Illegal Target Shooting Leads to Weapons Seizure

While patrolling closed roads in the Stemilt Basin, WDFW Officers Tucker and Smith found three males target shooting by Lily Lake. The officers watched as the individuals quickly turned from shooting clay pigeons to instead taking aim at the irrigation districts' new metal signs.

After several shotgun blasts into the signs, one individual threw his beer can into the bushes as the driver of the vehicle announced the idea to drive down the road and have the passenger lean out the window shooting signs with his shotgun. Hearing this plan, the officers quickly jumped into their patrol truck to follow them. The occupants of the vehicle had no idea the officers were behind them as the passenger leaned out the window and fired two different shotgun blasts at green dot signs as they were driving down the road.

The officers performed a high risk stop and detained the three individuals. After interviewing and documenting, three weapons were seized for evidence and multiple charges will be filed to include malicious mischief, loaded rifle in a motor vehicle, shooting from a motor vehicle, and litter. Restitution will be requested to pay for the replace of the damaged property.

Good catch by Smith & Tucker of WDFW Police! This happens often, however, it's not every day there are police near by to witness it! It's this kind of illegal activity that ruins and closes down recreational shooting. Glad they got 'em!

I suspect this is more common than we may think. It may be the biggest problem we face (irresponsible, disrespectful and illegal shooting). It's where the we all get a bad rap because of the 'Bozo's' like this (although I'm sure we have more fitting names for them!).

They are the tough nuts to crack. It's hard to get the message across to people like this. I'm sure these 3 now get the message and I hope others will get a clue as well.

Bill
Morons like this ruin it for everyone. If this is found to be true they should not be allowed to own a gun again.

These are the kinds of idiots that are buying up all our ammo too... When the non shooting public sees incidents like this, they assume all of us are like this. These kinds of people leave garbage at our favorite rock quarries and in the national forests as well.

ha ha ha, that's awesome! Can you imagine the conversation: "Smith, you see these jackwagons over there? Yeah. What are they...hey did you see that? Yep, man they don't even know we are here. Let's see how stupid this gets..."

I bet they tell this story to their grandkids

Ha ha ha! This is Redneck target shooting at it's best! Yep, toss the beer can in the bushes, jump in the truck and shoot us some signs! Yee Ha! Hold my beer, Darlin!

Hey now... nuthin wrong with Rednecks;).

It trash like these 3 that give rednecks a bad name.

I agree though. If you get caught being this negligent with a firearm then you probably shouldnt own one.

Sadly this exists throughout the forest and rarely gets caught.

Good story and I'm glad they were arrested.

I would rather they prevented the crime. Maybe got a drinking in public charge. Maybe towed the car for being stupid.

With respect, no.

Guys and stories like this undo the benefit of 1,000 good acts by responsible gun owners. These guys were most clearly NOT responsible gun owners, and I have no sympathy for them if they lose their right to own guns (but, unfortunately, they probably won't).

Hey now... nuthin wrong with Rednecks;).

It trash like these 3 that give rednecks a bad name./QUOTE]
I rather like fancying myself as a redneck (at least once upon a time).

As a kid on the ranch we could do this kind of stuff and laugh like crazy because it was fun! (Just don't let Dad see us)! But it's a whole different game when done on public land. (Yeah, it's stupid on private land too .

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top