JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I looked it up years ago but cant fi d it now but iirc there was a federal law (federal pands) that prohibited shooting from, across, or into roads, trails and bodies of water.
Then most state laws are essentialy the same.

I know Oregon has the law on roads, didn't know the feebs had one too. I'm not 100% on this one, but I've been told you can shoot a deer across a body of water; anybody know on this?
Well i do know Oregons law also includes water, (in the same law).

I know Oregon has the law on roads, didn't know the feebs had one too. I'm not 100% on this one, but I've been told you can shoot a deer across a body of water; anybody know on this?
In all honesty, I would have to look that up. That said, I've always understood you can't ("shouldn't" under ethical hunting practices(?)), unless the body of water is easily fordable without extraordinary means (boat or similar). Under the premise that too many folks won't, or don't have the means readily available, to cross a body of water to either retreive a kill or track an unconfirmed one.

Good sense hunting practice or actual law though.. I'm not positive.

OR law typically prohibits it, but there "may" be an exception during hunting seasons. Good question.

It very well may be allowed, but only if you are hunting from a boat? Just a quick look found this under prohibited:
"
  • Shoot game mammals from or with the help of any motorboat or sailboat unless the motor has been shut off and/or sail furled and movement caused by any motor or sail has stopped.

It very well may be allowed, but only if you are hunting from a boat? Just a quick look found this under prohibited:
"
  • Shoot game mammals from or with the help of any motorboat or sailboat unless the motor has been shut off and/or sail furled and movement caused by any motor or sail has stopped.
That would be an exception for hunting. I do know its otherwise illegal to shoot from or across water .

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top