JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Look for threads on "poor man's shoot-n-C targets". There's one on Sniper's Hide circa 2012.
Basically, black visqueen (poly sheeting, preferably >5 mil), cut to size, spray paint with hi-viz fluorescent (optional) and top coat with white enamel.

I use a white poly sheeting with dots. I can see 223 holes just fine at 300, not affected at all even when it's raining cats and dogs.

Might be worth saving up for this one.

D46F341E-90FB-414A-A4B1-88DB07910866.jpeg

Look for threads on "poor man's shoot-n-C targets". There's one on Sniper's Hide circa 2012.
Basically, black visqueen (poly sheeting, preferably >5 mil), cut to size, spray paint with hi-viz fluorescent (optional) and top coat with white enamel.

I use a white poly sheeting with dots. I can see 223 holes just fine at 300, not affected at all even when it's raining cats and dogs.
I've actually made those shoot-n-see targets and the shots do show up very well! The problem I'm fearing is lack of a nice clean sharp border around the bullet hole in order to measure groups.

The white poly sheeting might be a better option for my purpose. Thanks for the idea!

Dollar store or such and grab cheap sheet paper sleeves. The clear plastic ones for holding loose papers in binders. If I remember you can find them in quantities of 10 to 100 pretty cheap. Print targets on regular paper insert in sleeve and go make holes!

Dollar store or such and grab cheap sheet paper sleeves. The clear plastic ones for holding loose papers in binders. If I remember you can find them in quantities of 10 to 100 pretty cheap. Print targets on regular paper insert in sleeve and go make holes!
Didn't think about that! Was just next to them yesterday afternoon!

I guess shooting a wet target is out of the question?
MsaENsd.jpg
Vr0DVy8.jpg
DiWEh6O.jpg
GWNnUEY.jpg
Living in the PNW, you learn to shoot in all kinds of weather. A lot of guys don't shoot in the rain or snow, but I shoot regardless. Regular ol paper targets get wet, but they will dry out. Sometimes they might rip as you pull them off the backer:
E2yDLVC.jpg
^That's a good example of one that did just that the other day^^^
CYkKv5I.jpg

The rain doesn't really affect group size, but it does put a damper on things.. Good thing I shoot from under cover most times now...:

I guess shooting a wet target is out of the question?
View attachment 631963
View attachment 631964
View attachment 631965
View attachment 631966
Living in the PNW, you learn to shoot in all kinds of weather. A lot of guys don't shoot in the rain or snow, but I shoot regardless. Regular ol paper targets get wet, but they will dry out. Sometimes they might rip as you pull them off the backer:
View attachment 631967
^That's a good example of one that did just that the other day^^^
View attachment 631968

The rain doesn't really affect group size, but it does put a damper on things.. Good thing I shoot from under cover most times now...:
I've shot in the rain and snow many times. Thus my search for targets that will hold up better. Not interested in regular paper targets at this point in time. Thank you though.

I've shot in the rain and snow many times. Thus my search for targets that will hold up better. Not interested in regular paper targets at this point in time. Thank you though.
DizzyJ, earlier i was thinking that a roll of freezer paper (with wax or plastic on 1 side) might work quite nicely. Just buy those orange stick on dots and put those in the center of the 18" paper and youd be golden?

Last Edited:
DizzyJ, earlier i was thinking that a roll of freezer paper (with wax kr plastic on 1 side)might work quite nicely. Just buy those orange stick on dots and put those in the center of the 18" paper and youd be golden?
I actually was thinking about that yesterday as well. Wasn't sure how well the sticker would hang on once wet? Looks like yours did pretty well on the paper targets though.

the rite in the rain paper is great you just have to print on it with a photo copier or laser printer ink jet ink will run off of it. I used to use it for inspection reports before everything went digital just print a master on plain paper then take it to a kinkos type place and use a photo copier to print on the waterproof paper.
Good to know.

Upcoming Events

Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top