JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Any thoughts or ideas on waterproof targets? Do it yourself or store bought?

Would like to get more target practice in even in inclement weather, and waterproof or water resistant targets would be nice. Don't want or need to break the bank, so DIY might be an option as well.

Thanks in advance!

Any thoughts or ideas on waterproof targets? Do it yourself or store bought?

Would like to get more target practice in even in inclement weather, and waterproof or water resistant targets would be nice. Don't want or need to break the bank, so DIY might be an option as well.

Thanks in advance!

IDK... Are those "Shoot and See" targets waterproof??

IDPA we use carboard torso targets and cover them with plastic bags until shootin time. We don't mind shooting in drizzle, but a downpour is going to be a no-go for me!

IDK... Are those "Shoot and See" targets waterproof??

IDPA we use carboard torso targets and cover them with plastic bags until shootin time. We don't mind shooting in drizzle, but a downpour is going to be a no-go for me!
I think the shoot n see targets are somewhat waterproof. Seems they're spendy, but more of a concern to me is they're harder to measure groups with than your standard paper or cardboard target. I've also thought about "taping" up a cardboard target but not sure how waterproof or cost effective that would be.

I know what you're talking about with IPSC targets. We do that in USPSA, but for precision rifle shooting, that would be pretty hard if think to shoot for groups.

And my bad for not specifying the type of shooting. For my original post, my thoughts were shooting from a bench for groups.

We get waterproof sheets of notebook paper at work and print out inspection forums on it.
Might not be cheap but it would work .

Shoot-n-see targets aren't waterproof, but they are reasonably water resistant.

Stuck to cardboard in the dry, then that cardboard stapled onto a plywood backboard usually holds up in the full wet pretty well.

Won't stick onto full wet very well, tho staples help.

Best source, price wise, for shoot-n-see targets in various sizes is amazon.

Corrugated plastics used for shipping are great waterproof targets. They are as thick as cardboard yet don't deteriorate under rainfall, and still can be used in most common target stands like cardboard.

Get a stencil from the artsy store and draw on your own circles using permanent marker in whatever color suits you.

1573320689984.jpeg

I used to just pick this stuff out of the trash when working near a certain semiconductor company.

Steel is pretty good. It takes a long time to crumble and degrade in water.

(don't hurt me)

Corrugated plastics used for shipping are great waterproof targets. They are as thick as cardboard yet don't deteriorate under rainfall, and still can be used in most common target stands like cardboard.

Get a stencil from the artsy store and draw on your own circles using permanent marker in whatever color suits you.

View attachment 631651

I used to just pick this stuff out of the trash when working near a certain semiconductor company.

This right here and most are free after elections.:p

Some really good ideas here. Got me thinking outside the box. Just need to figure out how to apply some of these to precision shooting/recording small groups.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top