JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone here assembled their own watch or watches?

It's a winter project I'm contemplating, but I'm just in the 'think it would be cool' stage.

If you've done something like this, where did you source parts/tools/expertise?

I'd love to know.

Thanks,
Jed

this may help get you started

https://watchotaku.atlassian.net/wiki/display/swr/Design and make your own watch

Or you could buy a cheap old pocket watch and take it apart and then see if you can get it back together...while still retaining some tiny bit of sanity.

Thank you for this information. It's a great place for me to start!!
I think I will go the pocket watch route first, and see how I do with that.

Slow and methodical seems like it will be the best approach. That and pics each time before I touch *anything*

If any one else has info, I'd love to see/have it.

Interesting. Thank you.

I'm going to try the pocket watch first, and if I can get it dis-assembled, and re-assembled and working, I'm going to try a GMT build based on the ETA-2836-2 movement (GMT with Hour/Min/Sec/24hr)

Most likey it will be an assembly, not a build.
White dial, French blue numbers and hands.
Red GMT hand.
Rolex Explorer style case w/smooth bezel.
Black leather band, blue stitching

We'll see how it goes.

I managed a few jewelry stores and most all of the old school watch guys died from liver failure. I guess all the small parts are enough to drive you to drink. If you do not imbibe in the alcohol you may be in good shape. I do wish you good luck and let us know how it works out for you.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top