JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Happy to oblige:

Argument 1
Argument 2
Argument 3
Argument 4
Argument 5
<broken link removed>
Argument 7

If you have anything new to say about the subject, I might be interested in discussing it with you (and this thread might not get closed), but there's not much new to say.

We all already know that Obama would gladly institute strict gun control policies if he thought he could get away with it. Alarmist rhetoric claiming that there is some means by which he (or anyone else) could circumvent normal constitutional procedures is disingenuous and designed simply to rile up pro-gun sheeple who don't understand how our government works and can't think for themselves.

Anyway, I would like to clarify my earlier remarks: that editorial is a bunch of recycled garbage and it was published by a lunatic who thinks he's the messiah.

OK. Now I get it. Context is everything! I read the past threads and this dead horse has been thoroughly beaten flat. I can see finding endless repetition of the same tired arguments would be painful, but your original comment was just an ad hominem attack that raises my own personal hackles.

We agree on the substance, and I had an unfortunate negative knee-jerk reaction to the style. My bad.

Maybe we should focus on something non-controversial like Obama's birth certificate.

Those powder blue helmets make an excellent target.

Does anyone remember what happened to the heroic US Serviceman who refused to cover his American Flag uniform patch or wear the UN blue beret, when his unit was placed under UN command, in Bosnia I think back in the 1990's? He was up for mutiny charges, but I never learned the outcome of his case. Anyone remember?.........................elsullo :confused:

Does anyone remember what happened to the heroic US Serviceman who refused to cover his American Flag uniform patch or wear the UN blue beret, when his unit was placed under UN command, in Bosnia I think back in the 1990's? He was up for mutiny charges, but I never learned the outcome of his case. Anyone remember?.........................elsullo :confused:

It didn't end well, according to this account: Why Should an American Soldier Don U.N. Insignia?.

He has a web site: United States v. Michael G. New.

United States v. Michael G. New :: Legal Documents
Court-martial Panel of seven, including three officers, return "guilty" verdict on charge of disobedience, but deny the Army its request for a prison term and Dishonorable Discharge. Michael is awarded a "Bad Conduct" Discharge instead.See Stipulation of Fact
Bold is mine for emphasis.

Last Edited:
Thank's guys, somehow I knew that this case could not have a good ending. I hate seeing patriotic service people get steamrolled by politicians! A bad conduct discharge really messes up an ex-soldier's future---he can't even collect Social Security Disability or get Veteran's medical benefits! It ain't right, especially since he is already a decorated veteran with combat service.

If only MORE young military members had a decent political education BEFORE they joined up, and the same heroism to stand up for their Oath! As his website emphatically says, if you are thinking of joining the military, do your homework! You could end up serving the UN instead of the USA........................elsullo :(

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top