JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My personal view would be to not shoot down/across/from the edge of anything that's cut like a road, blocked off or no. Better to CYA then take a chance. Remember; it's always legal untill the cops show up.

It's also worth reiterating don't shoot for the first 6.8 miles after crossing the bridge from 224 per the signage. Last time I went there, I saw 2 groups shooting in that stretch. The pit right after the restriction ends only had one small group shooting shotguns. The roads were clear for a ways after the pit too.

Its been posted a no shooting area for quite some time. I was hunting up there 3-4 years ago and signs were posted everywhere.

It could of changed but I doubt it. seems once they take something from us its gone for good.

Hi all were going up on 4/27 to do some cleaning if any body wants to come up going to start about 8:30 other people from this forum are going to be there. Hope to see you their.
Thanks

Isn't it funny how people can't spend a half hour researching what the law is in the area they intend to go shooting, yet they seem to cry the loudest when they get in trouble? This is why we have groups like the NRA and such, where we emphasize being a "smart" firearms owner. You see it as your friend didn't get a break, I see it that he put us being able to shoot in the forest at risk cuz he didn't bother to know the law. It's situations like people not knowing the law, not cleaning up the shooting area or simply having common sense that causes us to have to keep seeking new areas to shoot cuz the good areas keep getting shut down.

Isn't it funny how people can't spend a half hour researching what the law is in the area they intend to go shooting, yet they seem to cry the loudest when they get in trouble? This is why we have groups like the NRA and such, where we emphasize being a "smart" firearms owner. You see it as your friend didn't get a break, I see it that he put us being able to shoot in the forest at risk cuz he didn't bother to know the law. It's situations like people not knowing the law, not cleaning up the shooting area or simply having common sense that causes us to have to keep seeking new areas to shoot cuz the good areas keep getting shut down.

Thanks so much for your insight. I'm sure we are all better people for having been exposed to it. I know I, for one, will be sure to take a long hard look in the mirror and ask myself, "am I the man Shooter98 wants me to be today?" And if not, "What do I need to do to get there, by gosh?"

You are truly a shining beacon. Please be sure to go forth and spread your wisdom.

Again, I apologize for taking the time to warn folks about this, and try to make something good come of it.

Thanks so much for your insight. I'm sure we are all better people for having been exposed to it. I know I, for one, will be sure to take a long hard look in the mirror and ask myself, "am I the man Shooter98 wants me to be today?" And if not, "What do I need to do to get there, by gosh?"

You are truly a shining beacon. Please be sure to go forth and spread your wisdom.

Again, I apologize for taking the time to warn folks about this, and try to make something good come of it.

No problem.

I guess I missed where PF was "crying the loudest". Seems like he came here to REMIND others so they don't make the same mistakes.............

That's ok, cuz I seem to miss where I was attacking PF. I was referring to his friend. You guys are also singling out this one instance, most of us are frustrated cuz this happens A LOT. Simple fact is everyone just needs to use common sense before shooting, period.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top