Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Wanted: Small scale anodizing shop in Portland area?

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by XSubSailor, May 20, 2015.

1. XSubSailor

XSubSailor SW WA Active Member

I've got a few custom AR lowers I'd like to get anodized...anyone know of an affordable local shop that could accomodate?

2. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

3. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Be advised, I just got done spending the last HOUR pursuing the "anodizing world" and the ATF considers putting a finish on a firearm part of the manufacturing process. That means you will need to find a company who has a FFL/03/07 manufacturing license... from what I just read.

4. BoonDocks36

BoonDocks36 Oregon, in the boondocks Christian. Conservative. Male.

"May I "Pretty Please" clean my gun, and leave it Shinier than it Was"?????

/sarcasm

Then, of course After That level, will be " May I please, Pretty Please put a Single Round of Ammo, into the chamber, whilst being held at Hostage Point, if I PROMISE not to use the ammo"?????

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

philipism for the Moments left in our Life: Resist Tyrany, always! :D

5. spectra

spectra The Couve Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

That is the same thing I found out when I had my stuff Cerakoted. I found a few places that were cheaper but in the end took them to a dealer who had a FFL..... what if something happens...... you want your stuff to come back so make sure you are going to the right place.

6. XSubSailor

XSubSailor SW WA Active Member

These are some unfinished 80% lowers, so not an FFL item. My plan was finish the fire control pocket but leave the pin holes undrilled and trigger slot unfinished until after the anodizing is done. If needed, I could just anodize the complete unfinished lower and apply some duracoat or similar to preserve the freshly milled sections afterward.

Just wondering if anyone has used a local anodizer or has experience with an anodizing shop that would do a small order like this without charging an arm and a leg.