JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Shortly after making the transition from 'kid who shot guns with grandpa' to 'gun owner' I became infatuated with Sig handguns. I've owned many over the years and still have a couple, though to my embarrassment, I shoot my Glock's much better. One Sig I've never personally seen, let alone had the opportunity to shoot, is the P210. I respect and appreciate form and craftsmanship, even when function can be replicated for far less money. If anyone has one of these unicorns, I'd appreciate the opportunity to shoot it :)

I owned a SIG P210-6, in all three calibres, for about a year before the mainland yUK handgun ban on cartridge-firing handguns. It had cost me, back in 1996, just under £4500 - that's around $9000 at the time.

It is surprisingly small for a full-on service pistol in 9mm Para, but outstandingly accurate - even with NATO 9mm service ammunition - in that and the other two calibres. I used to enjoy giving it to a reasonably good pistol shot, and watching when it made him [or her] into a master shot with just one magazine-load.

Shooting my Walther GSP - a dedicated no-frills target pistol in .22 calibre - I would happily shoot low to mid-nineties all the day long at 25m. With the .22 conversion in place, my SIG, without ergonomic grips, would shot 90s.

If you can take the hit in the wallet, and even a retired military or police SIG P210 comes your way, go into debt if you have to, but buy the thing. Like the difference between a Timex and a Breitling, you'll feel the difference when you just pick it up.

Trust me, nothing else comes near.

tac, former owner of seven SIGs

I owned a SIG P210-6, in all three calibres, for about a year before the mainland yUK handgun ban on cartridge-firing handguns. It had cost me, back in 1996, just under £4500 - that's around $9000 at the time.

It is surprisingly small for a full-on service pistol in 9mm Para, but outstandingly accurate - even with NATO 9mm service ammunition - in that and the other two calibres. I used to enjoy giving it to a reasonably good pistol shot, and watching when it made him [or her] into a master shot with just one magazine-load.

Shooting my Walther GSP - a dedicated no-frills target pistol in .22 calibre - I would happily shoot low to mid-nineties all the day long at 25m. With the .22 conversion in place, my SIG, without ergonomic grips, would shot 90s.

If you can take the hit in the wallet, and even a retired military or police SIG P210 comes your way, go into debt if you have to, but buy the thing. Like the difference between a Timex and a Breitling, you'll feel the difference when you just pick it up.

Trust me, nothing else comes near.

tac, former owner of seven SIGs

This post is not good for my wallet (or some of my guns which I just 'sorta like') :D

Thanks for the info @tac!

I had two Glocks, both of which are now in the local police armoury [our county police use the Glock something or other], and while they worked well, they never really caught my imagination like a gun made of steel and wood does. The SIG had a trigger like the best trigger you've ever squozed, and just reeked of quality, something that you simply could not accuse ANY Glock of doing. All pressure-bearing parts of the SIG - the barrel, I mean, in particular - are SOOOOOOO hard that they have to be serial-number stamped before the hardening took place - something that the Helvetians took to the extreme in the K31 service arm. Although I had mine for just over a year, it was never left out of a range session - not even once. Other shooters would just line up for a try-out.

Get one and you'll never regret it.

tac

x2, Joe. The SIG P210 is my Holy Grail of pistols.

I've already come to terms with the fact that I will never own an Aston Martin or Patek Phillipe, but I'm still holding out hope that someday, a 210 will make its way into my collection before I pass.

When (if) I get mine fixed up, we'll go out Joe. I have some other Sigs as well which you may enjoy as well.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top