JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had a BAR once, in 06. That was many years ago. Two things caused me to get rid of it. I found that
during a hunt I pulled the trigger too often and too fast, and that was my issue. I only shot factory
ammo ( before I reloaded) and Remington was the only ammo that reliably fed the second round.
There was likely an issue with the gun that I never had a gunsmith look at. I sold it and went nuts
in the opposite direction. I got a Ruger #1 and hunted with a single shot the next two seasons.
Which BAR sir?

As mentioned, both cartridges are certainly capable for most game in the USA. I doubt either choice would be "bad". But if you really want one in .308 Winchester, unless there is something on the horizon that necessitates it happen sooner, maybe just wait until you can find the one you are after. (I've done the kinda-sorta what I'm after move before; generally the results weren't great, so stopped doing that. To each their own though.)

Which BAR sir?
This was some time ago, middle/late 80's and I got the gun used. It was marked "Made in Belgium" so I'm pretty
sure it was part of the original run. It was not marked "Mark II or III". It was certainly accurate enough for hunting
and I only ever shot factory ammo through it. Failure to feed the second round occurred perhaps every third or
forth time. It was very nicely finished. And yep, I wish I had it today. I would take it to Velzey to get it tuned up.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top