JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was talking with a coworker very recently and realized it has been almost 3 years since we have received a wage increase. Our last wage increase was .50 cents an hour. After 20+ years of employment with current owner, I making about $5.00 more than many burger flippers are making now with $15 an hr starting wages.

For those who are working full time at hourly wage, when was the last time you received a wage increase for working in the same position?

in the last few years, where have you seen the most inflation when it comes to shopping for basic necessities (excluding firearm related stuff)?

When I worked for Daimler it was as a "contractor"/consultant/permatemp and I was paid hourly by a staffing agency. Over 9 years of working for them I only got one 2% raise (and it took them a year after I asked for the raise to give me that). I learned that a coworker, doing the same exact work (except for the last 5 years I actually had more responsibility) for the same staffing agency made 20% more than I did the whole time, and he never got a raise either. The staffing agency did increase the hourly rate they charged Daimler.

I have mostly seen increases in groceries/etc., and somewhat in property taxes as my property appreciated. Electricity seemed to have increased too.

My last raise was about 1.5 years ago and I think it was about a buck?

My utilities and property taxes have increased, mostly. Food has gone up, too but the general climb in price is slow. I'm certain the packages are smaller than they were 5 years ago, though for the same price. That's inflation you almost don't catch

My last raise was about 8 bucks/hr, but it required moving jobs. Prior to that, I got about 3 dollars/hr worth of raises inside of a year.

Food is starting to cost more. It's going to continue, with farm subsidies being withheld unless crops are destroyed (no subsidies paid if crops are brought to market), and in some cases the subsidies are paying more than what the crops are selling for. Gas, of course, and that contributes to the cost of all goods. Labor costs more for a variety of reasons, all which kinda boil down to a "let's hold out until wages pay more than double unemployment" scenario. Housing is phucking stupid overpriced. Probably inflated due to eviction moratoriums and deferred rent payments due to COVID. Textile goods (clothing, towels, etc) are costing more because China has become aware that people are less willing to buy goods with their country as the origin, so they are using their influence in places like Mexico, Africa and South America to produce goods there, and due to an increase in labor cost and transportation costs on that end, as well as the fact that Americans will pay more to buy something not made in China, we see an increase at retail.
Everything costs more.

Last Edited:
Minimum wage increases amount to wage cuts for those earning in the $20.00s for wages. And the price increases caused by employers needing to pay more for unskilled, undependable labor means minimum wage workers get that pay raise eaten up by the increasing cost of labor. How is it?..."Ignorance is Bliss"? :rolleyes:

Stupidity abounds......

Minimum wage increases amount to wage cuts for those earning in the $20.00s for wages. And the price increases caused by employers needing to pay more for unskilled, undependable labor means minimum wage workers get that pay raise eaten up by the increasing cost of labor. How is it?..."Ignorance is Bliss"? :rolleyes:

Stupidity abounds......
Yup, wage compression = paycut essentially.

I retired at 79 a bit more than a year ago. Raises at my last place of employment were annual capped at 4% regardless of
your output. The biggest slackard and the most productive at the same job got the same raise. INCENTIVE? Hardly. My first
year there I got no review ( a great time for worker/boss to exchange ideas) and at about a year and a half I raised so much
hell they finally came across with a review, very, very positive. But no bucks. Went back to raising hell and they gave me some
Milwaukie Tools in lieu of money. I didn't need the tools.I remained until retirement as the job was physical, and I needed that,
the comradery was great and swimming in a cesspool with other survivors made for great friends and great stories.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top