JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I used to be a WAC member when i would go to at least 2-3 of the shows a year, mostly at Puyallup. It has been a few years since and with the requirement/ fee required to just purchase a firearm at the show, is it worth getting a member this year? Is there still a good variety of firearms besides AR's?

I found some good deals last year; once a guy was selling boxes of TulAmmo 5.56 for $2.50 a box. That was awesome.

I bought and sold quite a few guns there last year, most because of convenience and not because they were particularly good deals.

Mostly I like it for the comraderie.

For magazines and some other accessories, I find that mailorder is usually cheaper.
When I go, I expect prices for new, contemporary weapons to not be particularly low. Sometimes I find a deal but usually I don't.

I don't typically buy ammo there either, but earlier last year I did.

The Puyallup show is much larger but it is a drive for me, so I usually go to the Monroe show, which is small but convenient.

It depends on the person and their location.

I have not had a WAC membership in over 5 years because I moved to Orygun so I can't speak to what the shows are like now. I used to go to Puyallup even though it was an hour's drive each way from Everett.

mainly looking for older tactical rifles and gear such as roller lockers ( HK variants), older gen ARs, AK's, Galil's, mini-14's, FAL's, UZI's, unique stuff like that. 1911's and certain hand guns as well. When i first went you saw lots of it. Wondering if the selection is still good and worth re-signing up.

Usually there are a few HK 91 clones laying around. LOTS of antique bolt action rifles. A few FALs. older gen ARs.

I usually find the show interesting, in as much as there is stuff to look at. I went for months looking for 1911 parts and found...not much.

If I were to setup a table and try to operate it as a business, I would specialize in CZ parts, and maybe HK parts.

I used to be a WAC member when i would go to at least 2-3 of the shows a year, mostly at Puyallup. It has been a few years since and with the requirement/ fee required to just purchase a firearm at the show, is it worth getting a member this year? Is there still a good variety of firearms besides AR's?

I have been a member for many years, and enjoy the shows. What is "the requirement/ fee required to just purchase a firearm at the show" ? I know of no such fee....................

I've been 3 times. 2 of those times was because it was an absolute gorgeous day and my buddy and I wanted to take a motorcycle ride. The other time I was just looking for something to do and thought "what the heck. let's take a drive."

Got up there, parked, paid to get it, all the usual to get into the show.

Walked around and found the prices to be equivalent, and maybe even a little higher, than any of the shows here at the PDX EXPO center. Including the show at the Clark County Fairgrounds.

I was informed VERY sternly, that if I wasn't a WAC member that I "technically" couldn't even handle a firearm that caught my fancy. WHAT?!?!?! I put it down and walked away.

Needless to say, I don't think it would be worth "becoming a member".

That's my $0.02.

:)

The last time I went was 1996. I was told coming in the door that you had to be a WAC member to purchase a firearm. I left a short time later and have never been to a gun show sponsored by WAC since then. Good organization, I'm sure. Probably a backstory to that requirement, so maybe some long-time WAC members can fill in the details.

The last time I went was 1996. I was told coming in the door that you had to be a WAC member to purchase a firearm. I left a short time later and have never been to a gun show sponsored by WAC since then. Good organization, I'm sure. Probably a backstory to that requirement, so maybe some long-time WAC members can fill in the details.
It's simple: WAC has been doing Background Checks for many years and you can feel comfortable when buying at a Show because of that.

I ended up with a membership today............ because I bought a gun? No, because I had already paid the entry fee for the wife and I and I didn't want to leave my carry pistol in the vehicle (no refunds).

So I guess I'll be attending these shows on a regular basis now.

Ray

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads