WAC Memebership worth it?

Discussion in 'Events & Get Togethers' started by cptahab206, Jan 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. cptahab206

cptahab206
    United States

I used to be a WAC member when i would go to at least 2-3 of the shows a year, mostly at Puyallup. It has been a few years since and with the requirement/ fee required to just purchase a firearm at the show, is it worth getting a member this year? Is there still a good variety of firearms besides AR's?

2. cptahab206

cptahab206
    United States

No one has any feedback?

3. Seraphim38

Seraphim38
    Woodinville, WA

I found some good deals last year; once a guy was selling boxes of TulAmmo 5.56 for $2.50 a box. That was awesome.

I bought and sold quite a few guns there last year, most because of convenience and not because they were particularly good deals.

Mostly I like it for the comraderie.

For magazines and some other accessories, I find that mailorder is usually cheaper.
    When I go, I expect prices for new, contemporary weapons to not be particularly low. Sometimes I find a deal but usually I don't.

I don't typically buy ammo there either, but earlier last year I did.

The Puyallup show is much larger but it is a drive for me, so I usually go to the Monroe show, which is small but convenient.

4. The Heretic

The Heretic
    Oregon
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

It depends on the person and their location.

I have not had a WAC membership in over 5 years because I moved to Orygun so I can't speak to what the shows are like now. I used to go to Puyallup even though it was an hour's drive each way from Everett.

5. cptahab206

cptahab206
    United States

mainly looking for older tactical rifles and gear such as roller lockers ( HK variants), older gen ARs, AK's, Galil's, mini-14's, FAL's, UZI's, unique stuff like that. 1911's and certain hand guns as well. When i first went you saw lots of it. Wondering if the selection is still good and worth re-signing up.

6. Seraphim38

Seraphim38
    Woodinville, WA

Usually there are a few HK 91 clones laying around. LOTS of antique bolt action rifles. A few FALs. older gen ARs.

I usually find the show interesting, in as much as there is stuff to look at. I went for months looking for 1911 parts and found...not much.

If I were to setup a table and try to operate it as a business, I would specialize in CZ parts, and maybe HK parts.

7. cptahab206

cptahab206
    United States

pricing on used FAL/ JK clones/ older AR's reasonable? Love A1/A2/A3 variants with fixed stocks and carry handle sights.

8. No_Regerts

No_Regerts
    Warshington
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

I used to have a membership to buy and sell, but the internet came along and all of the sudden, I no longer had to be crammed in a room with people who dont wear deoderant or wipe incompletely.

Slobray, Caveman Jim, LuckySG and 3 others like this.
  9. sasquatch

sasquatch
    Monroe, WA

I have been a member for many years, and enjoy the shows. What is "the requirement/ fee required to just purchase a firearm at the show" ? I know of no such fee....................

10. cptahab206

cptahab206
    United States

Fee required for FFL transfers due to 594 not because of WAC Requirments.

Slobray likes this.
  11. No_Regerts

No_Regerts
    Warshington
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Yep, the state HAS to get “theirs”.

Slobray likes this.
  12. AMT

AMT
    Vancouver, WA.
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

I've been 3 times. 2 of those times was because it was an absolute gorgeous day and my buddy and I wanted to take a motorcycle ride. The other time I was just looking for something to do and thought "what the heck. let's take a drive."

Got up there, parked, paid to get it, all the usual to get into the show.

Walked around and found the prices to be equivalent, and maybe even a little higher, than any of the shows here at the PDX EXPO center. Including the show at the Clark County Fairgrounds.

I was informed VERY sternly, that if I wasn't a WAC member that I "technically" couldn't even handle a firearm that caught my fancy. WHAT?!?!?! I put it down and walked away.

Needless to say, I don't think it would be worth "becoming a member".

That's my $0.02.

:)

LuckySG likes this.
  13. Dungannon

Dungannon
    Vancouver
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer

The last time I went was 1996. I was told coming in the door that you had to be a WAC member to purchase a firearm. I left a short time later and have never been to a gun show sponsored by WAC since then. Good organization, I'm sure. Probably a backstory to that requirement, so maybe some long-time WAC members can fill in the details.

AMT likes this.
  14. KKG

KKG
    Western Washington

WAC has several FFL Dealers who do transfers for $10. at the Puyallup Gunshows.

Slobray and Caveman Jim like this.
  15. KKG

KKG
    Western Washington

It's simple: WAC has been doing Background Checks for many years and you can feel comfortable when buying at a Show because of that.

16. KKG

KKG
    Western Washington

Well there were Lots of Happy Shoppers at the WAC Gunshow in Puyallup today and I'll be going back for some additional entertainment tomorrow!!!:):):)

17. Slobray

Slobray
    Yelm, WA
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I ended up with a membership today............ because I bought a gun? No, because I had already paid the entry fee for the wife and I and I didn't want to leave my carry pistol in the vehicle (no refunds).

So I guess I'll be attending these shows on a regular basis now.

Ray