JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am trying to find out who [WA Supreme Court Justice ] to vote for, maybe you are also?

It is a little late I know but I always wait til the very last minute to vote. I have my reasons.

The purpose of this post is not to tell you who to vote for, you decide based on your own preferences.

List below and what I found that influenced my vote is below that. My preference is to eliminate liberal justices who legislate from the bench
General election candidates

Justice, Position 1
Mary Yu (Incumbent) appointed by Inslee.
David DeWolf - I voted for.

Justice, Position 5

Barbara Madsen (Incumbent) Elected.
Greg Zempel - I voted for.

Justice, Position 6

Charlie Wiggins (Incumbent) Elected.
Dave Larson - I voted for.
-----------------------------------
Some deciding information I found below with links
Justice Madsen: taken from the Greg Zempel ballotpedia.org page >> link here.

The distinctions I think are in the function of what the court is. And I've heard her now speak and she's spoken upon the authority of the court. So in McCleary, for example, we wrote an editorial and she [Justice Madsen] was being asked about whether or not the criticisms that the court was doing the job of the legislature were fair, and whether or not one branch of government should do the work of another branch of government. Her response was, in a vacuum, no, but if one branch is not doing what it is supposed to do, and another branch is dealing with it, then it's acceptable.

This is enough for me to decide - voting for Zempel.
Charlie Wiggins:

The state Republican Party tweeted its pleasure earlier this week when Federal Way Municipal Court Judge Dave Larson filed to run against Justice Charlie Wiggins.
Link to seattlepi.com article the above paragraph was taken from >> here

This is enough for me to vote against Wiggins and For Larson.
David DeWolf:
From DeWolf's ballotpedia.org page >> here

DeWolf is a fellow of the Discovery Institute in Seattle, a think tank described as "conservative" by SeattlePI; its founders have ties to the Reagan administration.[8][9] The organization maintains programs on intelligent design, economics, and other topics.[9]

This is what I was looking for to determine my vote aganst Yu and for DeWolf.

I'm done, my ballot is complete and I'm going down to the drop off box to turn it in.

I know I did this rather simplistically but it is pretty straight forward for me and what I want and don't want out of these people.

Feel free to ad what ever info or replies you guys wish. I hope this may help some one who may wish to know this info.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads