JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I believe that's a negative. Get your permit. As long as you have a clean background, it's as easy as paying your money and waiting for the mail. (of course proper training and knowledge of the laws are your responsibility, and I recommend a concealed carry course if you're new to firearms, want to brush up in your skills, or just learn some new ones!)

Last Edited:
Forgive me if I'm reading this wrong, or maybe I'm just having a bad day, but come on... really? Are you serious? What would the point of that even be?
If you could qualify to legally carry a pistol and be/ become a CWP holder you wouldn't even have to ask a question like that because it would be a non-issue.
What are you trying to pull here with an opening question like that?
Maybe you could ask your parole-officer. :s0131:

have a bench warrant for outstanding tickets- thus no driving and due to job a lot of late night walking that takes me through less than pleasant areas of spokane- waling in to the pd to submit an application would not be my 1st choice,or 2nd etc. so my question involved avoiding further legal complications so that I could have some self defense w/out adding to my legal situation should I be stopped along the wat for whatever reason- gun on person, clip accessible- not great but better than nothing. Thats the point.

Kayo thats a big negitive.... get a knife but other than that just be aware of your suroundings..and well with your legal issues your going to have to jump through hoops to get a cwp

Loaded open carry is legal in Washington without a CPL. You must have it unloaded if you are ever in a vehicle without a CPL. Read through the RCWs and check out Washington. Oh yeah, take care of your legal issues.

The answer to the original posts question seems to be no as RCW 9.41.050 states concealed carry is not allowed without a CPL and says nothing about loaded or not loaded. Of course there is the outdoor recreation exemption but that wouldn't apply to this situation. There are people who want to stay out of the state records for legitimate beliefs and with semiautos and loaded mag could be deployed very quickly if one stays aware of their surroundings. It was an interesting concept.

Get a knife, can of pepper spray or mace (if that's legal in WA) or a Taser (again, if legal in WA). Murphy's law dictates that you'll encounter an officer that feels the need to search you.

great, a possible felon with a weapon! what else is new, right?

Emotional knee-jerk reactions - those are new, right?

Where do you get 'a possible felon' from? Failure to appear for traffic tickets is a misdemeanor, and he did not indicate any other criminal record.

These boys need to relax.

Traffic tickets are infractions - a far cry from a felony. If he has a FTA warrant all he needs to do is walk into the court house and speak to the clerk to have it expunged. It can be taken care of in a few minutes as long as the line to the clerk isn't too long.

The answer to the original posts question seems to be no as RCW 9.41.050 states concealed carry is not allowed without a CPL and says nothing about loaded or not loaded. Of course there is the outdoor recreation exemption but that wouldn't apply to this situation. There are people who want to stay out of the state records for legitimate beliefs and with semiautos and loaded mag could be deployed very quickly if one stays aware of their surroundings. It was an interesting concept.
Without a CPL, one must unload in a vehicle.

Everybody who's telling him to get a knife: Back the truck up.

A knife is still a dangerous weapon. Carrying a concealed weapon is still illegal. Washington law grants a CPL: Concealed Pistol License. It doesn't cover anything else- not a concealed baton, not a concealed knife.

RCW 9.41.250: Dangerous weapons

(1) Every person who:

{snip}

(b) Furtively carries with intent to conceal any dagger, dirk, pistol, or other dangerous weapon; or

{snip}

is guilty of a gross misdemeanor punishable under chapter 9A.20 RCW.

Further, FIREARMS law is preempted to the state level. Not other weapons. In Seattle, it is illegal to carry a fixed-blade knife OF ANY LENGTH. Other jurisdictions may very WIDELY. Belleview (Bellingham?) prohibits tasers/pepper spray. I don't recall exactly, but you get the principle.

An FTA warrant doesn't remove your firearms rights- only felonies, restraining orders based upon domestic violence, and any level of domestic violence conviction does that. I don't think it would be smart to carry with an FTA warrant. But then it's not smart to let the FTA warrant fester. Get it taken care of. As stated above- simply going to the county clerk and making an arrangement to appear will take care of that.

OP is trolling. If OP is not trolling, note that OP is from Spokane. It's probably best he carry all firearms unloaded for the good of the people.

"It's probably best he carry all firearms unloaded for the good of the people." this is what i was trying to say earlier. thanks sonic

Everybody who's telling him to get a knife: Back the truck up.

A knife is still a dangerous weapon. Carrying a concealed weapon is still illegal. Washington law grants a CPL: Concealed Pistol License. It doesn't cover anything else- not a concealed baton, not a concealed knife.

RCW 9.41.250: Dangerous weapons

Further, FIREARMS law is preempted to the state level. Not other weapons. In Seattle, it is illegal to carry a fixed-blade knife OF ANY LENGTH. Other jurisdictions may very WIDELY. Belleview (Bellingham?) prohibits tasers/pepper spray. I don't recall exactly, but you get the principle.

An FTA warrant doesn't remove your firearms rights- only felonies, restraining orders based upon domestic violence, and any level of domestic violence conviction does that. I don't think it would be smart to carry with an FTA warrant. But then it's not smart to let the FTA warrant fester. Get it taken care of. As stated above- simply going to the county clerk and making an arrangement to appear will take care of that.

FTA arrest would get your firearms confiscated and then you would have to fight to get them back,if someone didn't want to take them home.

And as far as carrying a unloaded weapon.That's kind of stupid.Doesn't do anyone any good,unless you are willing to pistol whip your attacker.
Are you thinking you are fast enough to pull it,load it and then shoot someone?

Hey good luck with all this.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top