Vortex Warranty Comments

Discussion in 'Scopes & Optics' started by Oathkeeper1775, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Oathkeeper1775

Oathkeeper1775
    Coast Range
    VINCE AUT MORIRE Bronze Supporter

Vortex Warranty; I sent in a set of 10x42 Diamondbacks last Wednesday; there was a small shaddow in the left side.

They sent me a brand new set; they arrived today; they matched my priority shipping.

No charge.

Thanks Vortex.
    ;)

2. GOG

GOG
    State of Jefferson
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Well done and good to know. Thanks.

Oathkeeper1775 likes this.
  3. Stomper

Stomper
    SCREW YOU SALEM!!
    SCREW YOU SALEM! Gold Supporter

Try to stop looking around corners with them, that way you won't ruin this new pair too! ;)

4. edslhead

edslhead
    Vanc
    Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

Its still a hassle to send one back. They have quality control problem. Shouldn't be sending out defective scopes in the first place.o_O.
    Vortex Question

Dungannon and Oathkeeper1775 like this.
  5. No_Regerts

No_Regerts
    Warshington
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Great warranties make my cynical side come out sometimes. "Tell me, again, WHY I need such a good warranty?"

Dungannon and Oathkeeper1775 like this.
  6. CHLChris

CHLChris
    Portland Metro East
    Love me some guns! Silver Supporter

I just realized my Venom red dot had a zeroing problem. Called them and they immediately accepted it back. It is in the mail to them now and will be back in a couple weeks or so.

I just wish they had a red dot option of any variety that didn't need to be turned on. Either motion-activated or forever-on is my preference.

7. edslhead

edslhead
    Vanc
    Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

Ive had to send two back so far.

8. Oathkeeper1775

Oathkeeper1775
    Coast Range
    VINCE AUT MORIRE Bronze Supporter

All good points.

The standard of perfect or without a flaw of some type or another has escaped just about everything I was issued in the military, every vehicle I ever owned, and just about everything else I've ever owned.

One example: A set of Snap-on end wrenches I bought years ago had flaws....flawless is a tough standard these days IMO.

I'm thrilled when a company honors their pledge of warranty....even if I have to ship the item 1 way.

9. Mygrainman

Mygrainman
    SW WA

The "no questions asked" part is what makes the warranty so impressive. Leupold is the same way and there is no questioning thier quality control. It doesn't matter what happens... drop it, shoot it, run it over, or "accidentally" send it through a wood chipper... they will send you a new one.
    I just got my second Vortex optic yesterday, and I love them both. Used the warranty once to get a new mounting screw for my SparkAR because the guy I bought it from had boogered up the torx head a little, mostly just aesthetic, but one phone call and it was in the mail.

10. CHLChris

CHLChris
    Portland Metro East

I can attest that Vortex does, indeed, ask questions about what the problem was with my Venom. Asking questions is good, very good, because every now and then the "problem" can be resolved through teaching a customer that they are doing it wrong. Education from CS to a customer can save a lot of aggravation.

When my very first scope came in the mail several years ago (Nikon M223), I was annoyed that the magnification adjustment knob was making things smaller... The CS guy asked me a good question: "Uh, sir, are you looking through the correct end?" :eek::rolleyes::(

Questions from CS can be helpful.

edslhead and Mygrainman like this.
  11. CHLChris

CHLChris
    Portland Metro East

I just got back my Venom that I sent in for service. They confirmed that the elevation "was seized". Get this...they sent me a completely new Venom!!!!

Dude, awesome!!

SKrueger likes this.
  12. joken

joken
    Corvallis

Mine was FUBAR too and they sent me a new one. I got a burris FF and it's mo bedder