JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Amazon has this scope right now for 279.00 with a 54.01 discount at checkout bringing the scope down to 224.99 shipped. Not sure how long the deal is going for. I just upgraded my Crossfire 6-18x44 scope for the 308 that worked great to this one. This will be my 3rd Crossfire II scope. I've had zero issues with the previous 2.

Vortex Optics Crossfire II 6-24x50 AO, Second Focal Plane Riflescope - Dead-Hold BDC Reticle (MOA) Amazon.com : Vortex Optics Crossfire II 6-24x50 AO, Second Focal Plane Riflescope - Dead-Hold BDC Reticle (MOA) : Sports & Outdoors

Happy holidays
James

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
I'm not a hunter. You would know more about what works.
well i usually find myself walking around on 6 power incase something busts out of the bushes 50+ yards infront of me. with 6-24 you lose 2 low power but gain 8 high power over 4-16. now, 24x might have an extremely bad eye relief depending on the scope and you may never use 24x. up until recently, 3-9x40 was like the standard for my hunting scopes. now, i am partial to 4-16 for hunting so i agree with you. if a guy wanted a 6-24 i think itd be ok for hunting. just my opinion.

Me personally I don't hunt. Target shooting here only. My eyesight isn't all that great so the vortex scopes work good for me. If I decide to go hunting or need something smaller I can go back to my 30+ yr leupold scope but I don't see that happening. With the 6-18x44 that I had was great just wished it had a slight bit more magnification. I just can't stand nor really use the 3-9 that's in the 30-06 currently. If I had the funds I would be going much higher magnification than the 24x lol.

So the 308 will have the 6-24x50
The 223 and 30-06 will both have the 6-18x44.

James

I would absolutely not mind sharing. I currently have pretty much the same scope just in a 6-18x44 and I love them. I loved the first one I bought so much I bought a duplicate for the 223. They hold true from shot to shot and can hit a quarter at 100yds no problem.

I personally just needed/wanted a new scope for the 30-06 and wanted a bit more magnification for the 308 so it was a win win for me.

James

I hunt with a Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50 and while the scope is quality I hate the field of view at 6.5 and at some point will replace it for this reason. My hunting buddy has the Crossfire II 6-24 and has the same issue with the field of view. Both are about 17ft, IMO the low end should be at least 30ft... yes, I know how FOV works now and will probably have to get something in the 3 or 4x on the low end.

I wouldn't buy a scope on Amazon (IMO) but midwayusa has been having sales on optics lately with some good deals right now. I bought a Leupold VX-R for another hunting rifle from their sale, great price.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top