JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
B734F67B-88ED-4D56-8EEC-7847A76DE4BB.jpeg

i got my truck stuck in the river once. long story. my 36" tires were buried. it took a 10,000lb winch ran to my truck, back to the other truck and back to my truck to get it out of there. ive also winched a 1984 toyota pickup straight up a tree once just because!

I think that silly video only tested the stretch-ability of various pull straps. When they went the back lash was quite great. But ... even a small winch type steel cable can contain considerable stored energy when something lets go ... be it the straps, hooks, buckles or even the cable itself.

Considering how stupid some young folks can be that video should still be required watching before using a winch out in the woods. There are many good videos available on the internet showing how bad snapped cables can be. Not suitable for all audiences. Be careful. Think safety. :)

I spent a few years in the USCG on boats towing boats. Big boats - as in 50-100 tons. Large diameter hawsers.

nc_oc=AQluy_mplkAq_Le9tqaUIpGHRflLXnnITr3P4IdIloIrx_HM7g6p5txW3jbFH45KtlU&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Synthetic rope can recoil with enough energy to severely injure people. Wire rope (cable) even more so.

Be careful.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads