JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Gamers go buy guns becouse they are in video games. Said gamers then discover, ya they are a real gun and not the fantasy they thought and look at that $1800 Desert Eagle they now put 20 rounds through, but cant get any more ammo for so they sell off the gun. Or in my case trade off for something they can find ammo for. Never planned on owning one, but ya I will trade a $850 gunfor a $1800 one. Thanks video games.

Those of us that DONT play video games, then benefit as some cool guns come available that we may have never bought before. Thus the thread.

Another example of mine.

Styer AUG:
Guy bought it due to the games its in. Modified it a bit then put it up for sale when hard up for cash. I was not looking for an AUG but for $1200 w/glass and mods sure why not.

BTW: When my boys were early teens and really wanted to spend time playing video games. I set them up and introduced them to paintball, then spent every weekend playing paintball with them. The best "first person shooter" game. Instant feed back and everyone knows if you really were hit due to that huge splat of paint on you, or 5 splats. Real fun is QCB in a maze with paintball. For about 3yrs almost every weekend in summer we played. Paint was killing me $ and boys got really good, so moved them to mag fed paintball. Others with full ramping (think auto) markers and my boys with 10 shots then had to swap mags. Oldest switched to mag fed pistol to make it even more sporting. Great times with way better knees.
View attachment 1215677
Paintball (physical involvement) beats the heck out of sit and play video games - but for a lot of people traveling to go do that is a hurdle that can't be effectively overcome on a regular basis.

It is great for the mental conditioning of force on force conflict that video games just really can't duplicate.

I thought I wanted Agent 47's (Hitman franchise) "ICA19 Silverballer".

hardballersagent47.JPG

But it seems the real gun (custom stainless AMT Hardballer) it was based upon is sub-par.

I didn't play games much growing up, heck Atari didn't come out until what, the 80s?

I made up for it tho' as an adult. ;)

lol, i hadn't looked at "silverballer" pics in a while. just noticed i may have an affinity for the style.

my bb "dry-fire" practice pistol. looks surprisingly similar. hmmm... now i need a mock suppressor! (it's even threaded to accept one)
swissarmspistol001.jpg

nearly matching my Tanfoglio Witness 45acp functions

For me it was the Kriss vector although ironically not because it was in a video game as the vector but it looks similar to the R301 and r99 in Titanfall/Apex Legends. Had it made up custom cerakoted by a now defunct company.

1654520361983.png

1654520345115.png

I purchase firearms base on reality, not video games that I don't play.
That is the point of the thread. Buying guns that are on the used market, that ended up there since they are shown in video games.

The Desert Eagle in 50AE is a perfect example. Only reason I have it is some gamer bought it and discovered it was ok to shoot a little but realized he could have way more fun with a 9mm. So he traded.

Not a gamer.

Not sure why anyone would wanna come in here just to boast that they don't play video games lol.
If you have nothing to add, go pound sand.
I don't play video games, real life is far more fun, and the choice of firearms is way too good to be stuck in T.V. Land on a pre set with re-set button!
Bunch of fellow teams guys got into the gaming thing while deployed down range, some of that stuff was pretty cool looking, but honestly, when you do it for real, the games loose all their luster, more of a time waster between missions!

I've played/play a LOT of video games (mostly RPG style and World of Tanks, no Madden, 2K, etc.) and also have done/do a LOT of hiking, camping, boating, paddleboarding, fishing, target shooting, fencing, music performance, etc. Liking vidja games doesn't make you a pale nerd that doesn't go outside. If you are, no worries. I'd gladly play Risk or D&D with ya.

To answer the question, I bought a Steyr AUG because of The World is Not Enough on N64 and ended up loving it. I also bought a PPK because of JB. Medal of Honor also inspired my Garand and K98 interests as a younger fella.

Seams like any gun that makes it into a video game, then goes on to be a solid seller. Personally I am not a gamer but due to the nature of guns in video games I have ended up with quite a few. Mainly thanks to the secondary market were gamer/gun collectors then sell them off post shooting the real thing. Examples:

DEGLE:
I ended up with a Desert Eagle in 50AE, would never have bought one new. But mid pandemic traded a CZ Scorpion for one since the seller (and everyone else) could not find 50AE ammo. Now I have a "Degle" that would not normally be in my collection. I reload and stock components so non issue for 50AE ammo. Fun 7lb range toy, but hell no in using it for personal defense. Looks impressive and why its a gamer gun.

Kris Vector
My oldest son (gamer like of course) kept bugging me to buy a Vector. I told him I already had Glocks that shot Glock mags just fine. But for his 18th birthday I gave him a Kris in 9mm, so now of the goofy/ heavy Glock mag shooting but very cool looking gun is in there too.

FN57
Customer buying a product that I make, ask about guns as trade. Cash + I ended up with a sub 50rd fired FN57 in the box with like 5 extra mags including a few massive 30rd ones all unused. He saw them in the game, bought one shot it and the experience was over for him so he just wanted to trade it off. Fun one to shoot, costly of course and as a reloader its encouraged to not reload the 5.7 due to the very very small margins of error due to size. So a bit of a safe queen but very low hard $ so its a keeper for the cool factor.

CZ Bren 805
Listed for sale on this board, always liked what CZ made with the Scorpion so picked it up used with a few accessories for about $500 under market. THEN discovered its in video games when my boys saw it. "Dad that is a Bren, they are great!" As in they like shooting them in video games. It's smooth action and crazy nice to shoot.

I have a few more, but lets hear what you have ended up with….
Nothing.

I don't own or watch video games. I have NO interest in them and I don't know jack squat about the 'names' in them.

I have seen video games in a few movies or on some tv shows as part of a PLOT.

One time, I saw some type of a 'video game' (?) on an old tv for a few minutes a VERY LONG time ago at a friend's house that her grandson was watching/playing. Maybe when they were first invented? Twenty or 30 years ago? Beats me. It has to be OVER 20 years because I have lived out west for 20 years now.

How her grandson could stare at that screen for even a short time and NOT GO NUTSO with his eyes worse off his brain is beyond my comprehension!

My late husband was NOT into them. My MT husband was and is not into them.

I do not like some modern movies due to all of the computer generated SCENES with flashing lights and FAST movements with the actors that I usually LIKE very much. These are NOT comic book movies or cartoon type movies. They are promoted and SOLD as regular spy, mystery, action or war movies - MODERN ones. They BOTHER my eyes and they bother my husband's eyes too.

To each their own.

Old Lady Cate

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top