Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

VETS!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Sgt Nambu, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

To the twenty million veterans in the USA, thanks guys and gals! SRG

2. 4Freedom

4Freedom Boise, Idaho Well-Known Member

I wanted to thank all veterans, including my father who served in Vietnam. Thank all of you for your service and the risks you have took and efforts you made defending our freedoms.

3. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

A big thank you to all who have served!

Veterans-Day-Thank-you-Pictures-Wallpapers-1.jpg

4. Reno911

Reno911 Hillsboro Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Shook a few hands and said thanks today. For all those online, thank you!

5. TapRackNGo

TapRackNGo PNW Well-Known Member

Was at the Vietnam Memorial today with the family. There were 3 families there including mine. My wife baked all day yesterday and we handed out cookies, brownies, etc.. along with handmade cards from our kids to them. We shook everyone's hand. We even spotted a vet who was present but stayed back at a distance on the phone the whole time. He was by himself and anytime someone started to get close he walked away. We headed around the other side of the memorial, he was still on the phone. My wife quietly walked up to him, and handed him cookies and a card, didn't say anything because she didn't want to disturb his call.

Usually, there are more people there, but the Zoo parking was full and we needed to shuttle from a distance. It was also very cold / windy but it didn't matter. My wife overheard one vet saying how he was so grateful for the few families that came, that they didn't forget.

Everyone needs to go there.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  6. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

7. rick benjamin

rick benjamin USA, Or, Damascus Secure the drama Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

8. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

Thank you all who served in peacetime or in combat, you are greatly appreciated!!!

Monica Cowles and U201491 like this.
  9. Kruejl

Kruejl Hillsboro Moderator of the Coriolis effect Staff Member Gold Supporter Silver Supporter

From a civilians point of view. My point of view.

My freedoms and liberties are protected from the men and women who choose to serve this great country. Under one flag. Bless this great country and bless every man and woman who made a choice to protect it. I, in turn, will make the personal choice to defend the constitution to the best of my abilities as a civilian and citizen of the United States of America.

COME AND TAKE IT. I DARE YOU.

Caveman Jim and Monica Cowles like this.
  10. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

B2KG9jrIIAEJy3W.jpg

11. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

:s0042:

God Bless all Vets. Without them we would not be free
    and to thank them properly, we must stay free.
    :s0042:

Caveman Jim and Monica Cowles like this.
  12. SHPD_Retired

SHPD_Retired Saint Helens Well-Known Member

I thank you all immensely. Without your service mine would be meaningless.

13. teflon97239

teflon97239 Portland, OR Well-Known Member

I honor Veterans and I was glad I could actually communicate with my son today. He’s not in Afghanistan this year.

Thank you all!

A little bugged over seeing that guffawing jester Joe Bidet lay the ceremonial wreath at Arlington, I asked a close friend later if she thought an actual Veteran (maybe Sec Def) should have that honor instead of a civilian career politician.

She’s a busy single mom with a career and apparently didn’t have a chance to watch. Her comment was that the President of the United States, military background or not, should be the one to pay respect - on this day more than any other.

china costume.jpg

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
    Caveman Jim, U201491 and Sgt Nambu like this.
  14. albin25

albin25 Lewiston Idaho Well-Known Member

Why are Obama and Michelle wearing matching purple outfits????

(did she do something with her hair?)

iusmc2002 and erudne like this.
  15. erudne

BTW Home Depot gave me a Vet. Discount yesterday, so next year I'm going back and buying a riding lawnmower!

16. BAMCIS

BAMCIS Eugene Well-Known Member

17. teflon97239

Lowe's and Home Depot always have, all year. Not bad when you're getting a mower or fridge or a cartful o' honey-do's.

O'Reilly's recently put a sign on their front door saying they do too. I appreciate businesses that go out of their way to welcome Veterans. So I go out of my way to spend money there.

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  18. BAMCIS

BAMCIS Eugene Well-Known Member

NAPA also give veteran's discounts too.

19. thebaddog

thebaddog clackamas county New Member

Home Depot recently changed their veterans policy.:( A Veteran must be retired or have a service connected disability. No more run of the mill veterans discounts. I wrote and complained, to no avail.

20. teflon97239

Fitting both crieria, I didn't notice he change at HD. Honestly, I like Lowe's better anyway, for a number of reasons. Thanks for the heads up.