JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A big thank you to all who have served!

Veterans-Day-Thank-you-Pictures-Wallpapers-1.jpg

Shook a few hands and said thanks today. For all those online, thank you!

Was at the Vietnam Memorial today with the family. There was 3 families there including mine. My wife baked all day yesterday and we handed out cookies, brownies, etc.. along with handmade cards from our kids to them. We shook everyone's hand. We even spotted a vet who was present but stayed back at a distance on the phone the whole time. He was by himself and anytime someone started to get close he walked away. We headed around the other side of the memorial, he was still on the phone. My wife quietly walked up to him, and handed him cookies and a card, didn't say anything because she didn't want to disturb his call.

Usually, there are more people there, but the Zoo parking was full and we needed to shuttle from a distance. It was also very cold / windy but it didn't matter. My wife overhead one vet saying how he was so grateful for the few families that came, that they didn't forget.

Everyone needs to go there.

From a civilians point of view. My point of view.

My freedoms and liberties are protected from the men and women who choose to serve this great country. Under one flag. Bless this great country and bless every man and woman who made a choice to protect it. I, in turn, will make the personal choice to defend the constitution to the best of my abilities as a civilian and citizen of the United States of America.

COME AND TAKE IT. I DARE YOU.

I honor Veterans and I was glad I could actually communicate with my son today. He's not in Afghanistan this year.

Thank you all!

A little bugged over seeing that guffawing jester Joe Bidet lay the ceremonial wreath at Arlington, I asked a close friend later if she thought an actual Veteran (maybe Sec Def) should have that honor instead of a civilian career politician.

She's a busy single mom with a career and apparently didn't have a chance to watch. Her comment was that the President of the United States, military background or not, should be the one to pay respect - on this day more than any other.

china costume.jpg

Last Edited:
Lowe's and Home Depot always have, all year. Not bad when you're getting a mower or fridge or a cartful o' honey-do's.

O'Reilly's recently put a sign on their front door saying they do too. I appreciate businesses that go out of their way to welcome Veterans. So I go out of my way to spend money there.

Lowe's and Home Depot always have, all year. Not bad when you're getting a mower or fridge or a cartful o' honey-do's.

O'Reilly's recently put a sign on their front door saying they do too. I appreciate businesses that go out of their way to welcome Veterans. So I go out of my way to spend money there.

Home Depot recently changed their veterans policy.:( A Veteran must be retired or have a service connected disability. No more run of the mill veterans discounts. I wrote and complained, to no avail.

Home Depot recently changed their veterans policy.:( A Veteran must be retired or have a service connected disability. No more run of the mill veterans discounts. I wrote and complained, to no avail.

Fitting both crieria, I didn't notice he change at HD. Honestly, I like Lowe's better anyway, for a number of reasons. Thanks for the heads up.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top