JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I am thinking of installing a shotgun rack in my car for my car gun. I drive a Ford Focus which unfortunately does limit my options of where to put it. I am looking for something that is both easy to install and not visible to anyone outside of the car. I am leaning towards a trunk mount but I am also open to a roof mount if that is a viable option. I am getting the windows of my car tinted to make it harder for people to see into the car. If anyone has any suggestions of a model or type that works I would appreciate it. I am willing to drive if there is a company near by that will install one for me or I can buy one online if the installation is not too complex.

I don't think the cops check this very much but I wish they would.
Are you saying that this is illegal or something? It is NOT!

There is a company, Auto Additions, that upfits most police vehicles in OR and WA. They are based out of Salem,OR, but have a shop in Lacey. Give them a shot. I'd go with trunk mount. Unless you have a partition or a big car, interior mounts are h hard and very in the way. I do lots of business with Auto Additions, good companyand good employees.

Tint will go along ways.
On my Subaru wagon I have %15 on my front windows and the rear hatch window. The sides and rear doors have %5.
Seeing inside my car is tough.

I dont like the idea of angular metal objects dangling above my head while driving. My choice would be something like this:

rfloor.jpg

Mounted in front of the rear seats on the floor board.

My second choice would be something hanging behind the front seats:

49322.jpg

Santa Cruz makes some nice racks/locks and it's what a lot of the cops use.
<broken link removed>
You get extra cool points for putting it in a Focus! Plus if you do an overhead rack it'll give you a good excuse to tell the wife why you are installing a roll bar in the car.

Thanks for the info I will look into your suggestions. Thinking of having a gun and the mount shooting around the car in a collision is making me lean more towards the trunk mount.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

UPDATE: So after talking with some local installers I have ruled out an overhead rack due to the location of the side airbags in the car. I have ordered a trunk rack that looks like it will work in a Focus I will include pictures once it arrives and I get it installed. Its low end but it fits my budget for now. I will install a more high end rack when I am able to afford one.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top