JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I am thinking of installing a shotgun rack in my car for my car gun. I drive a Ford Focus which unfortunately does limit my options of where to put it. I am looking for something that is both easy to install and not visible to anyone outside of the car. I am leaning towards a trunk mount but I am also open to a roof mount if that is a viable option. I am getting the windows of my car tinted to make it harder for people to see into the car. If anyone has any suggestions of a model or type that works I would appreciate it. I am willing to drive if there is a company near by that will install one for me or I can buy one online if the installation is not too complex.

I don't think the cops check this very much but I wish they would.
Are you saying that this is illegal or something? It is NOT!

There is a company, Auto Additions, that upfits most police vehicles in OR and WA. They are based out of Salem,OR, but have a shop in Lacey. Give them a shot. I'd go with trunk mount. Unless you have a partition or a big car, interior mounts are h hard and very in the way. I do lots of business with Auto Additions, good companyand good employees.

Tint will go along ways.
On my Subaru wagon I have %15 on my front windows and the rear hatch window. The sides and rear doors have %5.
Seeing inside my car is tough.

I dont like the idea of angular metal objects dangling above my head while driving. My choice would be something like this:

rfloor.jpg

Mounted in front of the rear seats on the floor board.

My second choice would be something hanging behind the front seats:

49322.jpg

Santa Cruz makes some nice racks/locks and it's what a lot of the cops use.
<broken link removed>
You get extra cool points for putting it in a Focus! Plus if you do an overhead rack it'll give you a good excuse to tell the wife why you are installing a roll bar in the car.

Thanks for the info I will look into your suggestions. Thinking of having a gun and the mount shooting around the car in a collision is making me lean more towards the trunk mount.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

UPDATE: So after talking with some local installers I have ruled out an overhead rack due to the location of the side airbags in the car. I have ordered a trunk rack that looks like it will work in a Focus I will include pictures once it arrives and I get it installed. Its low end but it fits my budget for now. I will install a more high end rack when I am able to afford one.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top