JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
livening up with more pics....

VH3Ehh.jpg
Don Williams- custom "revolver style" round faced trigger- note 2nd hole in slide for the custom sear lever and revised geometry- easily the best trigger on any of my HPs
VH36s6.jpg
Yost/Hierloom SRT custom - extensive internal reworking gives a shorter, tactile trigger reset - custom fabricated thumb safety and checkered front and back strap
VH3uWs.jpg
Garthwaite "full house" - my EDC for several years

VH3VLq.jpg
FEG -$250, looks like arse, but the trigger isn't half bad and accuracy ok. I'd argue that both the thumb safety and slide stop are easier to use than any Browning option. The surface prep and finish would have been very good when it was new.

VH3Dop.jpg
Mark II parked finish, top rib and drain hole. Trigger with parked mags horrible, ok with polished/blued mags.

VHtB1G.jpg
contemporary FN in black polycoat...

VHt5aX.jpg
"c" serial in high polish - impeccable metal work and finish, not good sights and miserable thumb safety...

VHtrgy.jpg
"t" serial - beautiful finish and bluing again with the bad sights and thumb safety.

I've had around 20 assorted BHP's and not found that price / era relates to neither accuracy or trigger...but I've not had any wartime/Nazi examples...

FWIW
Many think the BHP P35 first introduced the double stack magazine in self loading pistols, I suspect they never encountered the Savage pistols. Savage Model 1907 - Wikipedia o_O

Ten quick shots!

Those old Savage autos are neat guns. I've had a couple over the years. The first one I had long ago shot very well. The one I have now, not so much. People are always surprised to find out how old it is. It has a more modern appearance.

livening up with more pics....

View attachment 650843
Don Williams- custom "revolver style" round faced trigger- note 2nd hole in slide for the custom sear lever and revised geometry- easily the best trigger on any of my HPs
View attachment 650844
Yost/Hierloom SRT custom - extensive internal reworking gives a shorter, tactile trigger reset - custom fabricated thumb safety and checkered front and back strap
View attachment 650845
Garthwaite "full house" - my EDC for several years

View attachment 650846
FEG -$250, looks like arse, but the trigger isn't half bad and accuracy ok. I'd argue that both the thumb safety and slide stop are easier to use than any Browning option. The surface prep and finish would have been very good when it was new.

View attachment 650847
Mark II parked finish, top rib and drain hole. Trigger with parked mags horrible, ok with polished/blued mags.

View attachment 650848
contemporary FN in black polycoat...

View attachment 650849
"c" serial in high polish - impeccable metal work and finish, not good sights and miserable thumb safety...

View attachment 650850
"t" serial - beautiful finish and bluing again with the bad sights and thumb safety.

I've had around 20 assorted BHP's and not found that price / era relates to neither accuracy or trigger...but I've not had any wartime/Nazi examples...
I officially have HiPower envy. Beautiful examples. Had a mid 80's vintage BHP that I let slip through my fingers.:(

I officially have HiPower envy. Beautiful examples. Had a mid 80's vintage BHP that I let slip through my fingers.:(
Thankyou sir!
I let more than a few slip through and there's ones I've sold I still lose sleep over.
One more : Ceiner 22 conversion upper that I had threaded by Tornado tech, works flawlessly

45918D37-1819-40EA-9382-4D87442D69D8.jpeg

I agree with trevi- the finish should be a polished blue. The picture looks to be possibly cerakoted?
Looks like a police issued mark 3 to me made in the 80s iirc. I have one and it is quite different looking then the stereotypical 72 one my grandpa taught me to shoot on. Still point the same and shoot beautifully. Mine came finished in black, I suspect, housepaint. Jeremy cerakoted it black for me.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top