Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Value Question RMEF 300wm

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Master17, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Master17

Master17 Salem Member

I have a chance to buy a brand new Montana custom rifle in 300wm. It was purchased at the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation auction. It is number 700 of 1000. Any idea on a value? Thank you

2. Vaultman

Vaultman Clackamas Co, Oregon Active Member

As always... value is in the opinion of the seller or buyer. But, what I would do is look at their website, and price match a similar rifle. It certainly cannot be worth a LOT more than one of their factory rigs. But trying to get a cost on a custom job is tough, especially second hand.
    I have always wanted a Montana Rifle Co gun. Probably never will get one, cause I am so cheap.
    Good luck, and if you need someone to shoot it for you, you know, to break it in or something hit me up. ;);)

3. x2ndxall

x2ndxall WA Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

I saw one go for $3500 at an NRA auction. But I'd guess the practical value to be around $1500?

Beautiful rifle.

4. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

The RMEF does nothing for the price unless YOU think it does. They dont sell any better than a regular rifle and sometimes worse. Some times they are too pretty to shoot.
    I have seen them at shops and gun show and they havent sold for years. Unless you are a collector the limited NRA RMEF rifles arent worth any more than a stock rifle. So whatever the general production "montana rifle" is worth

5. Master17

Master17 Salem Member

Well while I was trying to talk myself out of buying it my wife went down and bought it for me. :D She knows that guns make happy do that is her go to gift. She is awesome in so many ways.

mjbskwim likes this.
  6. bsa1917hunter

bsa1917hunter T.D Well-Known Member

I don't know what the rifle is worth, but your wife sounds priceless...

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
    Vaultman, mjbskwim and erudne like this.
  7. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

beat me to it!
    My SO bought me a new bar for my old saw!;)

mjbskwim likes this.
  8. mjbskwim

Hey if you're a hunter then you have a great rifle

9. Master17

Master17 Salem Member

I am a hunter but I'm not sure if I could hunt with it. It is too beautiful.

10. mjbskwim

And thats the problem with selling them;)