Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Value Question RMEF 300wm

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Master17, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Master17

Master17 Salem Member

I have a chance to buy a brand new Montana custom rifle in 300wm. It was purchased at the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation auction. It is number 700 of 1000. Any idea on a value? Thank you

2. Vaultman

Vaultman Clackamas Co, Oregon Well-Known Member

As always... value is in the opinion of the seller or buyer. But, what I would do is look at their website, and price match a similar rifle. It certainly cannot be worth a LOT more than one of their factory rigs. But trying to get a cost on a custom job is tough, especially second hand.
    I have always wanted a Montana Rifle Co gun. Probably never will get one, cause I am so cheap.
    Good luck, and if you need someone to shoot it for you, you know, to break it in or something hit me up. ;);)

3. x2ndxall

x2ndxall WA Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

I saw one go for $3500 at an NRA auction. But I'd guess the practical value to be around $1500?

Beautiful rifle.

4. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

The RMEF does nothing for the price unless YOU think it does. They dont sell any better than a regular rifle and sometimes worse. Some times they are too pretty to shoot.
    I have seen them at shops and gun show and they havent sold for years. Unless you are a collector the limited NRA RMEF rifles arent worth any more than a stock rifle. So whatever the general production "montana rifle" is worth

5. Master17

Master17 Salem Member

Well while I was trying to talk myself out of buying it my wife went down and bought it for me. :D She knows that guns make happy do that is her go to gift. She is awesome in so many ways.

mjbskwim likes this.
  6. bsa1917hunter

bsa1917hunter T.D Well-Known Member

I don't know what the rifle is worth, but your wife sounds priceless...

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
    Vaultman, mjbskwim and erudne like this.
  7. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

beat me to it!
    My SO bought me a new bar for my old saw!;)

mjbskwim likes this.
  8. mjbskwim

Hey if you're a hunter then you have a great rifle

9. Master17

Master17 Salem Member

I am a hunter but I'm not sure if I could hunt with it. It is too beautiful.

10. mjbskwim

And thats the problem with selling them;)