JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is it just me, or does anyone else take a rifle with them when traveling a good distance from home? Such as I went camping I. Bend and took my ak, first aid kit and 5 mags with me, and when I went to the coast this weekend same thing, but an AR. Am I the only one that does this or do other people find it necessary to bring more than a handgun when possible?

I usually have my Hawken Rifle with me when on a road trip...just for fun....I have been to many an impromptu shooting match with it....:D

I also have been known to bring a lever action .30-30 rifle along ...when I owned one...need to get one again ....or a Pump action shotgun...Just 'Cause.
Andy

Ar pistol and 4 mags always in the car. Plus my normal carry gear. There is also a backpack set up to carry it all with discretion. I work 12 miles from home. Sometimes I will swap it for a Mossberg 500 and roughly 40 rds combined buck and slug. The 500 doesn't hide as easy though.

I usually have my Hawken Rifle with me when on a road trip...just for fun....I have been to many an impromptu shooting match with it....:D

I also have been known to bring a lever action .30-30 rifle along ...when I owned one...need to get one again ....or a Pump action shotgun...Just 'Cause.
Andy

No one needs to be able to fire more than two rounds a minute!:)

Yes I always have. For a long time it was one of the "house shotguns" will a belt of ammo. When I bought my first Kel-Tec folding PCC one of them became the long gun for this. Mainly since it fits in a laptop case even with the laptop. I can carry it in and out of the car at places and no one gives it a second glance. When I get the stuff to make my first AR PCC, assuming all goes well, next project will be an AR hand gun with brace. Since this would be easy to carry, and be legal for us to carry loaded in the vehicle in this state. Pretty sure they make a folding brace for these. After it's all said and done would be great to have an AR pistol with folding brace like this. Got me chomping at the bit for the damn stuff to arrive so I can give it a try :D

No one needs to be able to fire more than two rounds a minute!:)

When AndyinEverson needs 15 shots or more , here is my "Speed Loader"...:D
Andy
DSC05463.jpg

Yes, often. Usually a rifle and a handgun. One of my M1 Rifles was a regular "road" gun for many years. I have an 8mm Mauser that has seen some mileage in the trunk of my car. One long trip to the midwest, the Mauser and a Remington .22 rifle went along. The handgun, I've switched off between a Glock 19 and a Ruger SP101. When my mother was still alive, I made many trips to southern Calif. but since the ban there I've been careful to never take an AR along. When I was fresh out of the army in 1972, I made a summer-long road trip from the west to east coast and return. My go-along guns were a Remington 870 12 ga. shotgun and a 9mm pistol. When my wife and I go away on weekend trips, I usually have a handgun of some kind with me. Unfortunately, I cannot take one on a cruise ship.

Lately, have the 300BLK Rattler with the can and 5 mags of 220 subs on camping trips. It's more compact than the shotgun for me. Always have my carry, but will bump it up to a full size. Most places I camp I just open carry. New G20SF will start going on trips once I get my penetrator rounds worked up.

Handguns are standards both wife and me. Long guns and similar? Generally, yes:

• In urban trip a short AR-15 in 5.56×45㎜ NATO.
  • Rural, camping, or in Communist-occupied territory (e.g., Californication) a levergun in .44 Magnum or .30 ⧸30 WCF.
  • When space is at a premium and/or don't want to hassle with a long gun in a trip to the city, the Super Shorty in 12-bore.*
* This wacky device:
539422-79692bd07cf29b0cc0e4acb79c35257c-jpg.jpg

Andy
Was this before or after the tragic boating accident?

Yea, I always carry a rifle, depending on where i'm going and how far from sanity, it's ether an FAL or a Schmidt&Rubin in .308 to get past the mag capacity and semi auto restrictions a certain state has, though I really avoid travels through there! ALWAYS have my carry piece on me!
For High Country travels, I switch to a 1903 Springer Sporter and at least one Magnum Revolver!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top