JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I thought you were carrying an Sig P320?
I'm not gunna lie I am a bit sketched out on the trigger issues. So the P320 is more of a range gun now. I am going back to what I know and have full confidence in which would be the Glock. I also carry the P365X Macro if I need a smaller gun.

I'm not gunna lie I am a bit sketched out on the trigger issues. So the P320 is more of a range gun now. I am going back to what I know and have full confidence in which would be the Glock. I also carry the P365X Macro if I need a smaller gun.
Biggest reason I haven't gotten on the P320 train. I don't want a gun that just gonna get freaky with itself if I take a run or sit too hard

Biggest reason I haven't gotten on the P320 train. I don't want a gun that just gonna get freaky with itself if I take a run or sit too hard
I love shooting the P320. It's more enjoyable than the Glock and I carried it for multiple months. Who knows I may go back to it but I'm definitely going to put more time behind it before I do. I'm not selling it that's for sure. Haha.

Try that again...

Utility Firearm? Well...

If I'm camping/hunting it's a chest rig 'cause I carry a knife at the 3 o'clock (R-handed):
Try that again..

If I am camping / hunting it's a chest rig 'cause of the knife.
- Ruger Bisley in 45 Colt
- 1911 in 45 ACP

Around town:
- Springfield Lightweight Champion Operator, 45 ACP
- Sig 227, 45 ACP

Lately though, I have found an Underwood load in .38 Special the may be useful. 150 gr WC @ 1000 fps. Dunno the bbl length they tested. May choose one of the GP100's as a woods gun.

Possibilities...

I've never really subscribed to the one gun/knife/tool fits most situations and have instead learned over the years there is a right tool for the job and a bunch that will more or less get it done…

So everything would be situational for me.

I'm a big fan of my Glock 17 in town but often find myself with a smaller pistol mostly due to size.

In the woods - I love a GP100 6" but due to capacity and the ability I will always have a long gun as well. An AR is very useful if you need capacity and distance. An 870 is a must have otherwise.

If I'm after grouse I'll take my Henry .22 with a scope but would most likely take a single shot shotgun because they are both light and shells can always be very diverse.

If I'm going with others I might adjust what I'm taking to compliment what they are etc.

It's a very broad question.

Good question and something to think about. Old guys like me that grew up with revolvers and autos at least have the experience with both platforms to pick something that is a good fall back from semi autos should magazines restrictions take place.

I feel well armed with a 1911 in 45acp, carried one for decades and shot competition with mine. It's heavy for an old man but I can live with that.

Either that or a Smith 2 inch 66.

Being old and having old man's butt a belt carry just won't do as my pants fall off. A shoulder rig is now required.
Suspenders, with the hammer-in buttons for the pants, have solved the problem of keeping pants on a football for me.
I can carry a cannon at 3:00, 2 magazines @ 9:00,a nd it transfers half the weight to my shoulders. Good for all day..

Last Edited:
Fair enough, first off not everyone's utility will be the same. For urban use I like the 40 cals, but for spending time in the way out back I see utility as a firearm first that I'm very comfortable with and that will feed and protect me if needed. I would bird hunt with a shotgun and big game hunt with a rifle but this gun would be the one always on my hip. Of my guns my 4" GP-100 has done this duty for years and I'm thinking my 6" Blackhawk in 41 Mag might be a good choice a well. I just haven't shot it enough to call it "The Gun" yet.
I most always have a 22 pistol on me. For plinking, an occasional snake, finishing off a game bird or animal, etc.. A 22 pistol does most of what I need. DR

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top