JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I want to participate in Practicle Pistol events. DRRC (Portland aera) has them sceduled monthly. Question is does anyone offer classes to prepare newbes to shoot competitively. I have found multiple training opertunites but nothing on competition shooting prep. Help, and thanks.

You might contact the club and see how they do it. May be assign you a guide or mentor for your first couple events or something. I know when I've tried a new shooting game I got lots of help early on. No one starts off as a master class shooter but with practice everyone gets better.

Search youtube. Tons of videos of all the top (past and present) competitive shooters. There is a lot of strategy involved.
Most all the local gun clubs have monthly matches. Go check one out and see how the really fast shooter's prep for a stage and how they actually shoot it.

I'm a speed steel guy myself, but have a few each of USPSA and IDPA under my belt. Never in any of those matches (over several years) have I not felt welcome and or not had folks give me tips or tricks to rules, stage planning, etc.

So get out there and good luck! :)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top