JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This Attorney from Idaho says using "one or more imported parts" on a non-sporting build is illegal. See 3 minute mark in video:

Is she talking about 922r compliancy?

Is there some other law I am unaware of that prohibits using any foreign parts on build?

Is she simply wrong?

922r seems to allow up to 10 listed
(TAPCO | Section 922r)
parts on a non-sporting firearm.

I am all for buy America advice she gave but that seems like a pretty big error for an Atty to be spreading around.

i dunno what shes talkin about. i try to use all quality USA built parts anyway.

speaking of 922r...
when was the last time anyone non FFL cared about it LOL.
i get it, its the law but still...
just sayin.

Well, Some Imported Firearms DO require a certain number of U.S. Made Parts ( 7 parts I think) and this might be what she is referring to, and any one who has built a FAL or BM-59 will tell you, this can be a challenge to comply with! I don't know if there is a reverse to this, a U.S. Made firearm containing Non U.S. Made parts, but I would imagine unless those parts are of the NFA verity, I wouldn't see an issue with this, unless this now falls afowl of I.T.A.R laws, thanks to Obummer!

Well, Some Imported Firearms DO require a certain number of U.S. Made Parts ( 7 parts I think) and this might be what she is referring to, and any one who has built a FAL or BM-59 will tell you, this can be a challenge to comply with! I don't know if there is a reverse to this, a U.S. Made firearm containing Non U.S. Made parts, but I would imagine unless those parts are of the NFA verity, I wouldn't see an issue with this, unless this now falls afowl of I.T.A.R laws, thanks to Obummer!
Ten for 922R, most people shoot for 7 because magazines count for 3 (base, follower, floorplate) and some import guns don't have good Made-in-USA mags available.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top