JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This Attorney from Idaho says using "one or more imported parts" on a non-sporting build is illegal. See 3 minute mark in video:

Is she talking about 922r compliancy?

Is there some other law I am unaware of that prohibits using any foreign parts on build?

Is she simply wrong?

922r seems to allow up to 10 listed
(TAPCO | Section 922r)
parts on a non-sporting firearm.

I am all for buy America advice she gave but that seems like a pretty big error for an Atty to be spreading around.

i dunno what shes talkin about. i try to use all quality USA built parts anyway.

speaking of 922r...
when was the last time anyone non FFL cared about it LOL.
i get it, its the law but still...
just sayin.

Well, Some Imported Firearms DO require a certain number of U.S. Made Parts ( 7 parts I think) and this might be what she is referring to, and any one who has built a FAL or BM-59 will tell you, this can be a challenge to comply with! I don't know if there is a reverse to this, a U.S. Made firearm containing Non U.S. Made parts, but I would imagine unless those parts are of the NFA verity, I wouldn't see an issue with this, unless this now falls afowl of I.T.A.R laws, thanks to Obummer!

Well, Some Imported Firearms DO require a certain number of U.S. Made Parts ( 7 parts I think) and this might be what she is referring to, and any one who has built a FAL or BM-59 will tell you, this can be a challenge to comply with! I don't know if there is a reverse to this, a U.S. Made firearm containing Non U.S. Made parts, but I would imagine unless those parts are of the NFA verity, I wouldn't see an issue with this, unless this now falls afowl of I.T.A.R laws, thanks to Obummer!
Ten for 922R, most people shoot for 7 because magazines count for 3 (base, follower, floorplate) and some import guns don't have good Made-in-USA mags available.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top