JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a buyer for a shotgun that is over 60 years who what to use his C&R license. The shotgun is in original condition. Can anyone give me advise on shipping to the C&R holder. Any down side?
Thanks

I have a similar situation but not sure how to go about it and verifying his c&r license. If you find out let me know.in oregon they still have to go through the background check now as far as I know

Sorry for the noob question but what is the benefit of "C & R eligible" guns? I often see that on sites that sell old guns.

I see the benefit of black powder where they can ship to ur door, but I don't see (or don't understand) the benefit of candr. It still has to go to local ffl right?

Sorry for the noob question but what is the benefit of "C & R eligible" guns? I often see that on sites that sell old guns.

I see the benefit of black powder where they can ship to ur door, but I don't see (or don't understand) the benefit of candr. It still has to go to local ffl right?

A C&R license, in most states, you can transfer C&R eligible guns directly to your door. It was that way in Oregon for a very long time, then SB 941 happened and it is no longer the case, and firearms must go through a dealer FFL (01, 02, et al.). There is some tangential benefits of usage of said in other states and some discounts vendors give to FFLs, but that may or may not be worth your bother.

For me, it was not, and I hung up my 03 FFL (C&R) license when it came up for renewal. Though later I became 01 FFL (dealer) licensed to do a side business, but that is another story.

A C&R license, in most states, you can transfer C&R eligible guns directly to your door. It was that way in Oregon for a very long time, then SB 941 happened and it is no longer the case, and firearms must go through a dealer FFL (01, 02, et al.). There is some tangential benefits of usage of said in other states and some discounts vendors give to FFLs, but that may or may not be worth your bother.

For me, it was not, and I hung up my 03 FFL (C&R) license when it came up for renewal. Though later I became 01 FFL (dealer) licensed to do a side business, but that is another story.
Thx a lot! Sounds like might be something for other states but in OR no benefit that I can see.

Thx a lot! Sounds like might be something for other states but in OR no benefit that I can see.

Pretty much. Federally it is a pretty good tool, but since Oregon past that obnoxious law, it is pretty worthless here, thanks those in Salem.

I'm going from memory here, but I believe the last C&R eligible I acquired was a pre-64, Winchester 94 in .30/30 WCF, delivered right to the doorstep of our home in the forest. What can I say, it was fun while it lasted.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top