JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's germane to the topic. Basically.. if felony can cause loss of one specific Constitutional right; then by the same token, it can also cause loss of any other Constitutional right.

And what better way to promote the concept of a 2nd class citizenry than to bar whole group from having rights restored due to criminal history, convicted or otherwise?

And related to spy cameras.. reasonable expectation of privacy? Curtilage laws. Plain sight is not beyond the fence/walls/windows.
I'm with @bbbass. It's getting really old having this specific topic "dropped' into any thread even half way related to any type/flavor of infrigement discussion. Let's give it a rest.

:s0128:

Last Edited:
The camera surveillance issue is interesting to me. I have my own feelings about it and don't personally like how prolific they are in public places... and legality aside... you have to admit it's kind of amusing that people get all bunged up about a camera on a public property electric pole, but have no problem with practically every single person walking around with camera's in their pockets.... even within their homes... without express permission.

Kind of seems to only be an issue when people get caught doing something they shouldn't be doing within view of a public access way.... hu. ;)

That certainy doesn't mean I think it's okay for anyone to mount a camera on personal property without knowledge or permission, but still.... kinda funny when you think about it. Some cameras are more equal than others.

It is a grey area - somewhat. I suggest people look at what the state of surveillance is in England to see what our future is here. I do think it is a slippery slope, and as firearm owners we should not be surprised that the ATF is using this technology and tactic too. I would not be surprised if they are on various firearm related forums/venues looking at what we have, even collecting data in that respect too.

Not public. The only entities that have a legal easement is the TVFD and maybe the sheriff. There has been some talk of putting in a gate, but it was voted down because it would be too much hassle to deal with it.

Not only is the driveway on my property, the road is too.

I don't have to plant trees - view from the road:
View attachment 1315684
View from the house towards the private road:
View attachment 1315692
Nice land. ....
And this would be the view that they would see ? What's there ? Are you keeping an unregistered heard of Sasquatch ?

Do you actually see a camera on the pole or just suspect one ? Would like to see a pic of what you are describing.

Last Edited:
Nice land. ....
And this would be the view that they would see ?
From the private road, yes - more or less - depends on the angle and where you are on the road.

I specifically went looking for a property where the house was more or less hidden from the road, even if the road was private like mine is (a quarter mile away from the public road). And that is after I had the forest around the house thinned about 8 years ago and right after I mowed the chest high grass - I try to keep the brush and grass in control, for fire danger and aesthetics.

There are eight houses on the private road, and mine is one of four that are not easily visible from the private road. The public road is a gravel half loop that goes nowhere of note. You cannot see my house from the public road at any point on that road, even with all of my lights on and half my forest clear cut in that direction - I left a decent amount of forest around the house itself - you can barely see it from the private road with the lights on at night.

What's there ?
Me, myself & I. Plus trees. I like trees.

Are you keeping an unregistered heard of Sasquatch ?
I will soon have a pet cat to control the mice and keep me company. Deer, coyotes, fox, bobcats, racoons, porcupines, bears, cougars, neighbor's barn cats and birds (including owls and hawks) share my property. I've not seen any sign of Sasquatch. I would like to eradicate the mice - I hate them.

@The Heretic
I think I see what your concerns are. Its less about a concern of your specific privacy than its a loss of your privacy in general.
You have built your own personal island there and someone has just anchored a yacht offshore.
I take it the pole in question is on a neighbors property. If it has one of those auto pan cameras that you can see affixed to it, it is on their property or atleast installed with their permission.
It doesn't matter who installed the camera or why, it's their right to have it, or allow it to be there.
I have a friend who had a neighbor move in from California. After about a month, he received a letter from them complaining about a security light he has in his side yard. Seems they can't see the stars at night from their bedroom window because of the security light. Oh well, the lights still there.
Frustrating for you I can empathize, but sometimes individual rights will collide.
Even if this pole is being used to observe activity on your property by some government activity, the property owner has the right to allow it.

Sucks huh ?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews