JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have capsuled OFF's message. Apparently, Democrat Jeff Barker will not be supporting this bad bill. OFF requests that you contact the following reps NOW (how about 24 hours around the clock) urging them to oppose this bad bill. This bill may come up for a vote very, very soon.

Please contact the following ASAP.

Rep. Brent Barton 503-986-1440 [email protected]

Rep.Deborah Boone 503-983-1432 [email protected]

Rep. Brian Clem 503-986-1421 [email protected]

Rep.Betty Komp 503-986-1442 [email protected] her personal mobile may be 503-884-2357

Rep. Caddy McKeown 503-986-1409 rep. [email protected]

Thanks for everybody pulling together! tkdguy

full letter

The House vote on the liberty smashing, privacy invading, woman attacking SB 941 will happen any day. It could be as soon as this Wednesday.

Republicans plan to introduce alternatives (minority reports) and this might slow it down, but not by much.

We are heading into the home stretch on one of the worst anti-gun bills in the country. If 941 passes, it will make it illegal for someone to leave a firearm in your safekeeping unless they first conducted a background check on you.

Consider the implications. Your friend or neighbor is suddenly faced with the critical need to remove a firearm from her house. Perhaps she is experiencing a mental health crisis. Maybe she suddenly finds herself having to care for someone who should not have a gun available. You're willing to store the gun in your safe, but you are forbidden from doing so until you pass a background check which could take months !
Or, the opposite happens. Someone you know is in fear for her life and has no way to protect herself. You cannot provide a firearm to her unless she passes a check by the Oregon State Police. Because the system so often fails, for some this could be a death sentence.
Want to lend a friend a hunting rifle? Sorry that's illegal. What if you have a firearms trust? Can those guns be transferred? No one knows.

23 counties have opposed this bill. Many sheriffs have come out in opposition. Even its sponsors and supporters admit it won't stop crime. But the vast majority of Democrats in the legislature have chosen to ignore them, and you, to ramrod this bill through as another building block towards complete registration and confiscation. They have continued to read from a discredited script like mindless drones.

We have little time to defeat this, so please contact the Democrats listed below. These are the people who can kill this bill. (Democrat Jeff Barker has already made it clear he will oppose this terrible bill.) The Bloomberg funded anti-gunners have pulled out all the stops with media campaigns and email blitzes. Time to double down.

Please send the message, "SB 941 does nothing to stop criminals but endangers the law abiding, especially single women with no protection against predators. The promoters of this bill have put a bull's eye on the backs of the most vulnerable. Vote no on SB 941."

Rep Brent Barton 503-986-1440 [email protected]

Rep Deborah Boone 503-986-1432 [email protected]

Rep Brian Clem 503-986-1421 [email protected]

Rep Betty Komp 503-986-1422 [email protected]

Rep Caddy McKeown 503-986-1409 [email protected]

Please Act Now.

I think Gomberg is an ideal target for a recall.

He *thinks* his entire constituency is fruitcakes from Marin County who've moved up here to do "Artisan" stuff at the coast, but, in my exalted opinion, he could be in for "A Big Fat F*****g Surprise", to quote Frank Sinatra.

I was reading one of Rep Bill Post's facebook reply about who to send emails to. In addition to the above, he also recommended Rep Gomberg is also a possible one. Add it to the list! (District 10: Waldport to Tillamook coastal area)

[email protected]
503-986-1410

I'll do it now. tkdguy Hopefully others will follow-up with a polite letter requesting his opposition to this bill.

In this thread here
https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/campaign-contribution-information.196250/#post-1262336
I posted links to campaign finance spreadsheets for the six "Swing" votes.

Click on the "Sub Type" header in the spreadsheet, and it will sort for campaign contributions.

It's late in the game, but if their contributors start getting phone calls from "Consumers" who are thinking of not "Patronizing" them any more, they WILL listen. But you need to tell them the hour is very, VERY late for them to contact whichever Communist 'Rat they're supporting and tell them that if they vote for SB 941, they'll have to depend on Bloombugger to keep them in orifice from now on.

I just sent out 5 polite emails to the swing votes. I sent to Gomberg, Komp, Boone, Clem, and McKeown today and sent to Barton last last night. There was an notice that Barton was going to vote for this bill--very sad! Very bright man but does not understand the consequences nor the ineffectiveness of this bill.

I emailed Gomberg and got response saying he's for "common sense" gun laws. Pretty much gave me the big GFY, we know what's best for you.

As you know "common sense" rarely, if ever, stands up to behavioral or social science research or criminology studies on this subject. "common sense" is simply a political buzz word that has been used to condition and elicit a cognitive response among sheep! Easy way to control their behavior.

I just sent out 5 polite emails to the swing votes. I sent to Gomberg, Komp, Boone, Clem, and McKeown today and sent to Barton last last night. There was an notice that Barton was going to vote for this bill--very sad! Very bright man but does not understand the consequences nor the ineffectiveness of this bill.

Where is the notice that Barton is going to vote in favor? If he does, then maybe @WinterBaer45 will want to kick off a recall for him after all. Barton, I think, does not recognize which county he represents. We already have one R representative and one R senator - both in opposition to SB 941. Our county commission is against it, our sheriff is against it. I guess he needs a more serious reminder of how Clackamas County voters feel about this.

From Rep. Barton's legislature page -

"I ran to represent you because I believe the values that make America great – hard work, telling the truth, and looking out for your neighbor – are under unprecedented assault. Government should be on the side of the people who work hard and play by the rules. But that is not happening right now – as anyone can attest who looks at Wall Street or the grip that special interests hold on Salem."

OFF just pushed out another letter

The Capitol rumor mill is in overdrive, and while it's true that Salem is the place where truth goes to take a vacation, one thing is certain, the fight to stop universal gun owner registration is far from over.

As we told you, it looked like SB 941, the gun owner harassment act of 2015, might be on the House Floor as early as today. While things can change at lightning speed when gun grabbers want to bend the rules, as of right this minute the bill is not even scheduled for a "Second Reading" which usually happens the day before it's voted on. What does this mean for us?

It can only mean one thing. They don't yet have the votes to ram it through. As you know, this bill has been fast tracked from the beginning. Bypassing all normal scheduling, the anti-rights zealots have done all they can to race this bill forward. Now it looks like it might be as late as Monday before it is voted on. It could even be later.
This means that your tireless efforts are having an effect and some Democrats are having second thoughts about their career futures should they vote for this deranged attack on your rights.

To be sure, there are plenty who continue to parrot the mindless lies about "dangerous loopholes" and "internet gun trafficking" even when they know what they are saying is false. Michael Bloomberg continues to throw vast amounts of money on a media onslaught against liberty, but... if <broken link removed> had this nailed down, they would have voted on it already.

That's why now is the time to turn up the heat. If you've been working hard at contacting legislators, we are going to ask you to do it again. If you've never made your voice heard, now is the time to do it.

As we told you on Monday, there are a handful of Democrats who we think need to hear from you now.

We've listed them below but want to add one more to our previous list. Please also contact Rep. Paul Evans. His phone number is , email [email protected]

Evans is no friend of gun owners. His rant in the hard left blog "Blue Oregon" shows just how extreme he is. In it, he calls for registration of "automatic weapons," (which he defines as "hand guns as well as rifles,") with the county sheriffs.

Aside from how much he demonstrates his ignorance of firearms and current law, he also calls for amending the US Constitution to redefine the Second Amendment. However, we have reason to believe Evans would like to portray himself as pro-gun. So he's wavering. Please contact Evans, and the legislators below, with a message that your rights are not negotiable. Sample text follows after the contact info for the other House Reps who need to hear from you.

Rep Brent Barton [email protected]

Rep Deborah Boone [email protected]

Rep Brian Clem [email protected]

Rep Betty Komp [email protected]

Rep Caddy McKeown [email protected]

Rep Brad Witt 503- 986-1431 [email protected]

Dear Representative,

The supporters of SB 941 have made it clear that this bill will not stop criminals. In fact, the Oregon State Police report that they virtually never take action against prohibited people who try to buy guns. So who does this bill actually affect? People like me. People who obey the law. People who want to be able to safely store a firearm for a friend or neighbor. People who want to be able to protect someone whose life is in danger. People who vote.

I am outraged that the promoters of this attack on my rights continue to lie about this bill. They continue to parrot the disproven claims about how many people want to have their privacy invaded and their names put in a government data base. They continue to repeat the lies about "unregulated internet gun sales" and they continue to call my rights "a loophole." I am not a criminal and will not be treated like one.

My rights, my privacy and my property are not "loopholes." Vote no on SB 941.

Yours,

Also a reminder to keep the pressure on.

They may not have the votes to pass this abortion.
Write your representatives NOW!
Maybe they are concerned about downstream consequences....

Sent this one today

"Representative Fagan;

Your sponsorship of SB 941 crushed my opinion of you.
After the Clackamas town center shooting, you said you would propose a tax credit for citizens purchasing a gun safe.
Was an excellent idea to foster gun safety!
Had the owner of the stolen rifle used at the mall secured his rifle in a safe, the shooter wouldn't have had that rifle.
Didn't hear anything more about it, but my opinion of your thinking was up.

Every Memorial day for the past 20 years, my Marine buddy has borrowed my M1 service rifle to march in full uniform as a color guard.
My adult children borrow my guns when they want to target shoot at Douglas Ridge.
My friends new to hunting and target shooting have borrowed my guns to get their feel before buying their own guns.
I have secured my guns in a Cannon vault safe since before it was fashionable, 1979.

I am a law abiding citizen, but if your bill passes, you will move the line between lawful and criminal.
I won't have moved, but SB941 and your actions will have moved it.
I am one of many law abiding citizens that think this way.
If you vote against this bill, my opinion of you will rise by leaps and bounds.
If you vote for this bill, I will remember you.

Sincerely
Rick Benjamin
Damascus, Oregon 97089"

Write these folks also! They may swing the vote!

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR