JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know you Portlanders and Seattleites don't have to deal with violence, crime and mischief, so thought I'd share a little of the mayhem we have to deal with here in Wahkiakum County.... Don't feel bad for me, I will get through this.

This particular date struck me as kinda funny (in bold).

From the Sheriff's Report....

February 25 — 10:56 a.m. A caller requested a jump start at a Puget Island address. 2:22 p.m. The Cathlamet ambulance aided a Rosedale resident complaining of abdominal pain. 3:48 p.m. A caller reported what appeared to be an abandoned truck, boat, and trailer at Hornstra Beach. 3:49 p.m. A caller reported that someone on a skiff was pulling logs out of Steamboat Slough near the refuge headquarters. The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife was notified. 3:59 p.m. A caller reported that a semi-truck was stuck on Seal River Road. A deputy responded but was unable to locate the truck. 5:29 p.m. A caller reported that a vehicle was parked illegally in a handicapped parking spot on Main Street in Cathlamet. The owner was contacted and he agreed to move the car. 5:48 p.m. A caller said a man had knocked on her door in Skamokawa. He was lost and stumbling around, looking for the park. 8:32 p.m. A Rosedale resident reported fraudulent activity involving her bank account. 9:18 p.m. A caller said he would be hunting on Puget island and that he was driving a white Chevy pickup with a canopy. 10:16 p.m. A caller reported that a person in a white Chevy pickup with a canopy was hunting with a green laser scope on Puget Island. 11:23 p.m. The Cathlamet ambulance aided an Alger Creek resident who had fallen.

That's nothing. In Yamhill County, yesterday a loose cow was reported to be on the road and last week someone found a peacock in front of Rock of Ages old folks' home.

That's why I sleep with a pillow under my gun.

Reminds me of the Unalaska Police Blotter that I used to read regularly. Here are some highlights.

Some real classics there. I lived in AK for about 25 years and a couple guys I worked with made sure to print these out and post them on the bulletin board. Funny stuff for sure!

Hey I used to work with a guy we called toothless Joe, he also went by crazy Joe, or hillbilly Joe.
But he had no front teeth cause his horse got out of the pen, when he tried to load the horse back up, it kicked his teeth out.

Knowing this guy he may have been trying to mount it
(And by mount, I don't mean ride it)

Wow! You guys get to keep track of all of that between rubbing sticks to start a fire , going back and forth to the outhouse and waking up at 4 am to milk the cows? Busy life , this country living...

I know you Portlanders and Seattleites don't have to deal with violence, crime and mischief, so thought I'd share a little of the mayhem we have to deal with here in Wahkiakum County.... Don't feel bad for me, I will get through this.

This particular date struck me as kinda funny (in bold).

From the Sheriff's Report....

February 25 — 10:56 a.m. A caller requested a jump start at a Puget Island address. 2:22 p.m. The Cathlamet ambulance aided a Rosedale resident complaining of abdominal pain. 3:48 p.m. A caller reported what appeared to be an abandoned truck, boat, and trailer at Hornstra Beach. 3:49 p.m. A caller reported that someone on a skiff was pulling logs out of Steamboat Slough near the refuge headquarters. The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife was notified. 3:59 p.m. A caller reported that a semi-truck was stuck on Seal River Road. A deputy responded but was unable to locate the truck. 5:29 p.m. A caller reported that a vehicle was parked illegally in a handicapped parking spot on Main Street in Cathlamet. The owner was contacted and he agreed to move the car. 5:48 p.m. A caller said a man had knocked on her door in Skamokawa. He was lost and stumbling around, looking for the park. 8:32 p.m. A Rosedale resident reported fraudulent activity involving her bank account. 9:18 p.m. A caller said he would be hunting on Puget island and that he was driving a white Chevy pickup with a canopy. 10:16 p.m. A caller reported that a person in a white Chevy pickup with a canopy was hunting with a green laser scope on Puget Island. 11:23 p.m. The Cathlamet ambulance aided an Alger Creek resident who had fallen.

rubbing sticks to start a fire , going back and forth to the outhouse and waking up at 4 am to milk the cows
That would be an absolute upgrade for all the homeless I see along I5 in Portland. No rubbing sticks, just light a tire. No outhouse, just poo on the sidewalk. No milking cows, just beg or steal something to drink.

We had someone in LaPine shovelling gravel into their pickup on the side of 97. Deputies stopped and told him it wasn't his gravel and he should put it back.

That's the crazy town I grew up in!

Couple Highlights from this week's insanity:
  • A Puget Island resident suffered a broken leg after a horse knocked her down and stepped on her leg. The Cathlamet ambulance responded.
  • A caller asked the sheriff's department to speak to the owner of ducks and geese that were causing traffic problems on a Puget Island road.
  • An Elochoman Valley resident reported that a dog crate containing a goose had been dropped off at his home. He said he could not keep the goose because of his dogs. Deputies responded and were able to relocate the goose.
  • An Elochoman Valley resident reported that a Fed Ex driver had rung his doorbell and left before he could get to the door. The Fed Ex driver did not leave a package. The caller said he had contacted Fed Ex but they said they had no way to track or contact the driver. He called back later to say he had located the package.
  • A caller said that her ex-husband, who owed her a lot of money, had fraudulently transferred $2,000 from his current girlfriend's bank account to her bank account. The caller wanted to return the money to the other woman and had taken the money out of her account to give to her former in-laws for safekeeping. She said the girlfriend then canceled the unauthorized transaction, which caused her own account to be short $2,000. She had since learned that her husband had collected the $2,000 she had left with her former in-laws and had used it for drugs and gambling with his girlfriend. She was advised to report the matter to authorities in Longview. :eek:
  • The marina reported that they had received counterfeit bills. A deputy responded and determined the bills were legal tender, but the marina's pen to detect counterfeit bills was malfunctioning.
  • A Puget Island resident complained about bow hunters who had been visiting the area daily between 5-8 p.m. When she asked what they were hunting, they "shushed" her.

This week's highlites:
  • A caller said a woman was standing in the middle of a Puget Island road and slapping cars. The mental health department was notified.
  • A caller said that cows had gotten loose and were nearing Ingalls Road.
  • A caller complained about two vehicles that he claimed always sped up when they passed his Puget Island home.
  • A caller reported that there were multiple cows on East Valley Road. The owner was notified.
  • A caller reported that two dogs were loose and nipping at people at Erickson Park. The owner was contacted and advised of his options.
  • A parent in the Elochoman Valley asked for a deputy to speak to his son after the boy stole a pack of gum from the store. A deputy responded.
A pretty mild week.....

Last summer, I talked to the DA here. After 10 minutes, he apologized that he had to cut the meeting short, they had a murder trial starting next week and his office was trying to be sure they dotted all the i's and crossed all the t's because they were out of practice because the murder rate in this county is less than one per year.

Last summer, I talked to the DA here. After 10 minutes, he apologized that he had to cut the meeting short, they had a murder trial starting next week and his office was trying to be sure they dotted all the i's and crossed all the t's because they were out of practice because the murder rate in this county is less than one per year.
Gotta like that!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top