JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
First response back on SB 1551
Short and Sweet !

I'm a no on SB 1551.
Thank you .

Bruce Starr
[email protected]
503-310-7500 direct

Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2014 8:00 PM
Subject: SB 1551 - NO, NO and NO to any more anti gun laws or registration schemes
Importance: High

Dear Senator,

NO, NO and NO to any more anti gun laws or registration schemes
Ref: SB 1551

Please be advised that we OPPOSE any more 2nd amendment infringements and will not tolerate them in any way.
In no uncertain terms we request that you oppose extending the failed background check system to a private
transfer and you oppose any new gun registrations or regulations.
Colorado has given citizens the fortitude to and the will to begin a recall on any state representative that votes to
enact any more infringements on our Constitution, Any more burden on legitimate gun owners or any registration schemes.
We have had enough in this country and it is now time to take a solid stand.
Either you are with America or you are against it.
Enact azzenine gun laws and we will presume you are against it.
Be forewarned the citizens are fed up, fed up, fed up.
I hope you are sensible and put any attempt to do any more damage to the 2nd Amendment aside and
trust the good citizens of this state with their and our rights.

Most Sincerely,

It only takes a few minutes to email these guys...
Unless you don't believe in democracy...and our legislators true allegiance to the same...

please at least try.

If you don't care, please send your weapons to paulpc62@i-dontcare, Oregon city, 97045....only joking :)
but if you want to donate; within OR; I'd be more than glad to take them from you!

Seriously though, if you won't give a few minutes of your time, then you don't even deserve a weapon to defend you and your brethren!

Just my 5 cents.

I am e-mailing the above folks daily and will continue to do so. Please do not give up the fight. thanks.

People people write what you are comfortable with. I write them a little hardcore, as they do not pay much attention to mushy crap.
Its an age thing. The more years we fight this bull the thicker and more spiny the hide gets.
But whatever you write just do it. Write every day and call every day.
Tenacity is our strength and has to become even more tenacious until this is behind us.

You can read my responses in the comments there.

I read your responses they were excellent, but I don't like the card idea. One more layer of control we do not need. I don't want to have a damned card for everything I do, its bad enough to have to have the chl.
The 2nd Amendment does not include permissions and cards to be valid, it just is.
Sorry, but the rest of your write up was outstanding.
I just do not believe in any more concessions to the left. They have stolen enough from us and I damn well want it back.

Short and Sweet !
ALSO JUST GOT WORD FROM KEVIN
Betsy Close is a definite NO, so that is 3 No's if Starr holds to his word.
Keep working on these two.

Senator Michael Dembrow
Democrat - District 23 - Portland
Capitol Phone: 503-986-1723 District Phone: 503-281-0608
Capitol Address: 900 Court St. NE, S-407, Salem, Oregon 97301
Email: [email protected]

Senator Arnie Roblan
Democrat - District 5 - Coos Bay
Capitol Phone: 503-986-1705
Capitol Address: 900 Court St. NE, S-417, Salem, Oregon 97301

Prozanski's a lost cause.

I'm a no on SB 1551.
Thank you .

Bruce Starr
[email protected]
503-310-7500 direct

Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2014 8:00 PM
Subject: SB 1551 - NO, NO and NO to any more anti gun laws or registration schemes
Importance: High

Dear Senator,

NO, NO and NO to any more anti gun laws or registration schemes
Ref: SB 1551

Please be advised that we OPPOSE any more 2nd amendment infringements and will not tolerate them in any way.
In no uncertain terms we request that you oppose extending the failed background check system to a private
transfer and you oppose any new gun registrations or regulations.
Colorado has given citizens the fortitude to and the will to begin a recall on any state representative that votes to
enact any more infringements on our Constitution, Any more burden on legitimate gun owners or any registration schemes.
We have had enough in this country and it is now time to take a solid stand.
Either you are with America or you are against it.
Enact azzenine gun laws and we will presume you are against it.
Be forewarned the citizens are fed up, fed up, fed up.
I hope you are sensible and put any attempt to do any more damage to the 2nd Amendment aside and
trust the good citizens of this state with their and our rights.

Most Sincerely,

Short and Sweet !
ALSO JUST GOT WORD FROM KEVIN
Betsy Close is a definite NO, so that is 3 No's if Starr holds to his word.
Keep working on these two.

Senator Michael Dembrow
Democrat - District 23 - Portland
Capitol Phone: 503-986-1723 District Phone: 503-281-0608
Capitol Address: 900 Court St. NE, S-407, Salem, Oregon 97301

Senator Arnie Roblan
Democrat - District 5 - Coos Bay
Capitol Phone: 503-986-1705
Capitol Address: 900 Court St. NE, S-417, Salem, Oregon 97301

Prozanski's a lost cause.

Based on their past votes and the location/make-up of their districts, I think Roblan is more likely to vote against it. However, some democrat party leaders want a floor vote.

Based on their past votes and the location/make-up of their districts, I think Roblan is more likely to vote against it. However, some democrat party leaders want a floor vote.

If people do not go out of their comfy zone and get active in the politics of replacing every damned democommie this year they will get what they ask for.
This is becoming maximum critical and there will be little recourse short of the thing no one wants to speak of.
It is critical red zone stage now.
Work like hell between now and November, or you may be holding your "piece" at your shoulder.
If need be USE THE EXACT SAME TACTICS they use to achieve the goal !

This is really great there are 500 members following this post. I hope these 500 and many more will continue to nag the Senators to vote against this dumb bill. I just read an article over at John Lott's crime policy research center. org (?) that indicated that both economists and criminologists do not have date that indicates that background checks reduce crime.

FYI: The Maryland shooting seems to be the result of a love triangle between the new bf and gf, now deceased; and the now deceased ex bf. I'm sure that the powers that be will manipulate this situation.

If people do not go out of their comfy zone and get active in the politics of replacing every damned democommie this year they will get what they ask for.
This is becoming maximum critical and there will be little recourse short of the thing no one wants to speak of.
Work like hell between now and November, or you may be holding your "piece" at your shoulder.

I agree that people need to get out of their comfort zone. But not just with the politicians. The Republican party has had a pathetic showing in recent years. So bad that the last time Art Robinson went against Defazio the republican party put up the "evil DeFazio" ads on television using red contrasts and colors to make him look like the devil. But at the end of the ad they never mentioned Robinson. It came across (almost) as we aren't telling you to vote for Robinson, rather don't vote for DeFazio. When Kitty Piercey went up for her 3rd term as mayor her biggest opposition was from an City of Eugene IT tech that relied heavily on social media and word of mouth. Not surprisingly (and sadly), Piercey won her 3rd term. If Oregon is going to keep the 2 party system they have the GOP really needs to step in with a heavier shoe and start looking/recruiting better candidates or (at least) giving better support to the ones running.

Yes, we need to apply a lot more pressure. There is a reason I don't think odds are good with Dembrow. Here's a thread from a townhall last year where he stated he supports background checks. http://www.northwestfirearms.com/le...0am-meet-hb-3200-sponsor-michael-dembrow.html

He's probably a lost cause like Prozanski.

I've talked to Oregon Senators and they mention they get lots of pro-gun rights emails. Personally I think (say) 2000 emails is not that much more effective than 1000.

If you want to maximize your effectiveness, call their office and talk to a staffer, set up a personal meeting, or visit one of their town halls. Last night's Hayward/Greenlick town hall was an excellent opportunity and had plenty of time for another pro-rights speaker.

Also talk about what the bill will mean for you. They've already heard people jaw about the Constitution, Rights, etc. Bring up a sample scenario (sharing a gun with a friend at this year's turkey hunt) that would put you in jail under their law. Keep it personal.

Starr will vote no. He is self admittedly dumb to firearms but, he knows it would be the end of his political career if he voted on anything that was anti-gun and he is savoring his seniority status.

No surprises from my Senator (Hass). I got a reply from his staff, but the following sums it up pretty well:

While it may seem inconvenient to run a background check when selling a gun, the intent is to increase gun safety in Oregon, and Senator Hass is in favor of keeping Oregon safe.

No surprises from my Senator (Hass). I got a reply from his staff, but the following sums it up pretty well:

While it may seem inconvenient to run a background check when selling a gun, the intent is to increase gun safety in Oregon, and Senator Hass is in favor of keeping Oregon safe.

And people in other states still wonder why Oregonians cannot even pump their own gas.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top