JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's cause no one wants unemployment to go up when all the attendants get fired.

I do!

Common sense says if we can justify paying more for gas simply to employ people to perform a simple task that we could do ourselves then it would be an equally good idea to pay $1 a gallon more for milk to have someone stand at the cooler to pass out the jugs.

Common sense says if we can justify paying more for gas simply to employ people to perform a simple task that we could do ourselves then it would be an equally good idea to pay $1 a gallon more for milk to have someone stand at the cooler to pass out the jugs.
We don't pay more for gas than neighboring states. I find it very, very hard to imagine that gas stations would pass on savings to consumers if we didn't have attendants anymore. You can go to an Indian reservation and pump your own gas, and save no money.

-------

On-topic: I emailed Boquist, but no reply as of yet. He is a Republican so I have a feeling he'll vote "no" on this anyway.

Ever live where you had a choice?

service_zpse2c101eb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ever live where you had a choice?
This comes up a lot on a car forum I belong to since most states are self-serve allowed. Many of the "old timer" members say they remember full service stations and that they've nearly all disappeared. I'm sure they must exist, but there aren't many anymore. "This economy," as they say.

This comes up a lot on a car forum I belong to since most states are self-serve allowed. Many of the "old timer" members say they remember full service stations and that they've nearly all disappeared. I'm sure they must exist, but there aren't many anymore. "This economy," as they say.

Hey Audrey. Question:

Quote Originally Posted by Audrey:
How is any of this directly (not "by association") firearms related?

I'm not a mod, but I am literate.
5gHFEGd.png

Your posts should be in Off-Topic.

... not within the topic of "gun related politicals." ...

???

MrsThompson, I encourage you to re-read the gas attendant topic discussion here. I did not begin that line of thought, nor was I the first to comment after it was brought up. I even comment on-topic specifically in my initial off-topic reply. I've since been in a PM discussion with another member on this topic. Always nice to hear others' perspectives.

I agree that on-topic is best! And so, I will restate:
On-topic: I emailed Boquist, but no reply as of yet. He is a Republican so I have a feeling he'll vote "no" on this anyway.
I posted that hours ago and emailed about 24 hours ago; still no reply.

MrsThompson, I encourage you to re-read the gas attendant topic discussion here. I did not begin that line of thought, nor was I the first to comment after it was brought up. I even comment on-topic specifically in my initial off-topic reply. I've since been in a PM discussion with another member on this topic. Always nice to hear others' perspectives.

Ok, so let me make sure I understand this.

Rule #1 - The topic must be firearm related to be in the firearm forums.
Rule #2 - The only exception to this is if Audrey finds the non-firearm topic interesting to post on.

Otherwise you will make sure to post in people's threads, and offer ZERO actual input to the thread except to whine that it's not firearm related?

Don't bother replying, because that would be further off topic. Just click like or something. :)

P.S.
Go Oregonians! Fight for your rights!

ITS SHOWTIME

First Gun Bills Scheduled.

Two gun related bills have been scheduled for hearings in the
House Judiciary Committee. https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2014R1/Committees/HJUD/Overview

The first is HB 4035. This bill allows corrections officers to have a firearm in their personal vehicles when parked in a "department parking lot."

The bill requires that the corrections officers have CHL's.

The bill also requires that the firearm be "locked in a gun box inside the vehicle."

We think corrections officers should have the same rights as everyone else so we support this, but we are a bit concerned by the term "gun box" and wonder why corrections officers will be required to have CHL's to keep a gun locked in their car when no one else does.

But clearly the intention of this bill is good and its sponsor is House Rep Jeff Barker Representative Jeff Barker Home Page who has been as solid a vote for gun rights as you could ever ask for.

The bill is scheduled to be heard on Monday Feb 3. at 1pm in Room 343.

The second bill is HB 4068. https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2014R1/Downloads/MeasureDocument/HB4068/Introduced

This bill is scheduled to be heard on Wednesday Feb. 5 at 1pm, also in Room 343.

This bill addresses an anomaly in Oregon law.

Currently a person with a conviction for a small amount of marijuana (or a single diversion) can still apply for a CHL, but only if the conviction was in Oregon and only if it was after 1973.

This bill is intended to expand CHL eligibility to those with old or out of state convictions.

It is modeled after a bill we drafted last year that was introduced by House Rep Kim Thatcher. While it is not as well crafted as last year's bill and needs some fine tuning, it's a good step and we support it.

Oddly, this bill has as a cosponsor anti-gun Senator Floyd Prozanski. This bears watching. Since Floyd is the main mover behind a bill to expand Oregon's gun registration we have to wonder what his motives are in cosponsoring this bill. Politicians love to be able to appeal to as many people as possible. Maybe Floyd is trying to get some points with gun owners while doing all he can to ram through anti-gun legislation.

Speaking of Floyd's anti-gun legislation, Senator Michael Dembrow, who serves on Floyd's Senate Judiciary Committee and is part of the extreme anti-gun segment of the Oregon Senate, sent out an email today expressing his support for Prozanski's anti-gun bill and saying "Expect a long and contentious public hearing sometime early in the session."

Dembow is no friend of gun owners, but because he is an anti-gun insider, we assume his prediction to be accurate.

Please let the members of the House Judiciary Committee know that you support House Bills 4035 and 4068.

(Please keep in mind, Committee schedules can change at any time.)

Contact info and suggested message follow:

Dear Representative,

While not perfect, House Bills HB 4035 and 4068 simply make sense. Corrections officers should have the same right to self defense as everyone else does and people with old or out-of-state convictions for small amounts of marijuana should have the same opportunities as those with in-state and more recent convictions. I strongly urge you to support these bills.

Yours,

Chair Jeff Barker. [email protected]

Representative Brent Barton [email protected]

Representative Kevin Cameron [email protected]

Representative Wally Hicks [email protected]

Representative Andy Olson [email protected]

Representative Carolyn Tomei [email protected]

Representative Jennifer Williamson [email protected]

Oddly, this bill has as a cosponsor anti-gun Senator Floyd Prozanski. This bears watching. Since Floyd is the main mover behind a bill to expand Oregon's gun registration we have to wonder what his motives are in cosponsoring this bill. Politicians love to be able to appeal to as many people as possible. Maybe Floyd is trying to get some points with gun owners while doing all he can to ram through anti-gun legislation.

Gut and stuff? Like so many of the gun bills he has had his grubby, grabby hands on before.

I may very well be wrong in my understanding of this, but I thought sponsors and cosponsors could amend or change a bill rather easily and with little notice.

I like sticking with the he's dishonest, hypocritical, and completely avoids the media unless he writes an editorial angles.

Yea, but I think back to Sen. Starr, and all the downhill-sliding-cow-pie calls he got when everyone thought he was a "yes" vote. Just think of his voters in his district calling up "have you been smoking weed? why are you for any gun bill?"

You'll get a response from Boquist that says, "His idea of gun control is using two hands." His staff does not use spell check though, so be prepared for some sloppy writing.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top