JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Got this email at 0932 today in response to mine sent yesterday.

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the many anti-gun and anti-second amendment bills currently pending in the Washington Legislature. In total, there were 26 or more such terrible bills that were introduced this session. I have been diligently tracking each bill and keeping a watchful eye on their progress through the legislative process. Here is where things currently stand:

HB 1010 (Senn)– Concerning the disposition of forfeited firearms by the Washington state patrol.

Scheduled to be passed from Senate Law & Justice on 2/20.

HB 1068 (Valdez)/SB 5062 (Kuderer) – Concerning high capacity magazines.

House bill appears to be dead. Senate bill is dead.

SB 1286 (Peterson)/SB 5340 (Kuderer) – Banning the sale of assault weapons and large capacity magazines.

Both bills appear to be dead.

HB 1315 (Lovick)/SB 5174 (Palumbo – no longer in office) – Concerning concealed pistol license training.

House bill is on 2nd Reading Review in the House Rules Committee, three steps away from a floor vote. Senate Bill is dead.

HB 1346 (Pollet) – Preventing lead exposure in young people.

Appears to be dead.

HB 1374 (Macri) – Relating to local government authority to regulate firearms.

Appears to be dead.

HB 1530 (Davis)/SB 5434 (Wilson, C.) – Restricting possession of weapons in certain locations.

House bill appears to be dead. Senate bill passed the Senate 27-10 on 2/13. Now goes to the House.

HB 2240 (Valdez)/SB 6077 (Kuderer) – Concerning high capacity magazines.

House bill is on 2nd Reading, two steps away from a floor vote. Senate bill is on 2nd Reading Review in the Senate Rules Committee, three steps away from a floor vote.

HB 2241 (Peterson)/SB 6076 (Kuderer) – Concerning assault weapons and large capacity magazines.

HB 2467 (Hansen) – Establishing a centralized single point of contact background check system for firearms transfers.

Passed the House 66-32 on 2/13. Now goes to the Senate.

HB 2519 (Walen) – Concerning reasonable public safety measures to prevent dangerous individuals from acquiring ammunition.

Appears to be dead.

HB 2555 (Goodman) – Concerning background check requirements for firearms classified as other under federal firearms laws.

Currently on 2nd Reading, two steps away from a floor vote.

HB 2622 (Kilduff) – Concerning procedures for ensuring compliance with court orders requiring surrender of firearms, weapons, and concealed pistol licenses.

Passed the House 56-42 on 2/13. Now goes to the Senate.

HB 2623 (Walen) – Prohibiting the possession of firearms by persons convicted of certain criminal offenses.

HB 2925 (Senn)/SB 6686 (Das) – Prohibiting the possession of weapons on state capitol grounds.

NEW bills, introduced late in the session. Unsure of pending action at this time. Most likely dead.

SB 6161 (Dhingra) – Imposing an excise tax on ammunition.

Appears to be dead.

SB 6288 (Dhingra) – Creating the Washington office of firearm violence prevention.

Senate bill is on 2nd Reading, two steps away from a floor vote.

SB 6294 (Salomon) – Concerning concealed pistol license training requirements.

Senate bill is on 2nd Reading Review in the Senate Rules Committee, three steps away from a floor vote.

SB 6307 (Liias) – Communicating mass violence threats.

Senate bill is on 2nd Reading Review in the Senate Rules Committee, three steps away from a floor vote.

There are so many of these bills in both chambers, it is possible I may have missed one or more. If there is a specific bill you were concerned about and I didn't include it in the list above, please let me know the bill number and I'd be happy to provide you a status update and contact information for the prime sponsor.

The House and the Senate will be on the floor voting on bills all day, every day until February 19th . Any bill currently on 2nd or 3rd Reading could come up for a vote at any time. I would keep a keen eye on the House Floor Activity Report and the Senate Floor Activity Report. Here is a tutorial on how to read the Bill History page on the legislative website that might help to better understand what 2nd Reading Review, 2nd Reading, and 3rd Reading means.

I offer the caveat that where I have noted a bill appears to be dead… these things have a nasty habit of springing back to life unexpectedly in the 11th hour, so I would encourage you to remain diligently engaged on the progress of these bills. As you likely know, I am opposed to each and every one of these bills and will continue to fight on your behalf. But please keep contacting the sponsors of these bills (their e-mail addresses are linked above) and let them know how you feel about them. You should also contact Governor Jay Inslee and Attorney General Bob Ferguson, as many of these bills were directly requested by them.

Yours in service,

Senator Lynda Wilson

17th Legislative District

Olympia Office - 110 Irv Newhouse Building

PO Box 40417 - Olympia, WA 98504

* [email protected] ( 360.786.7632

Follow me on Facebook!

Got this email at 0932 today in response to mine sent yesterday.

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the many anti-gun and anti-second amendment bills currently pending in the Washington Legislature. In total, there were 26 or more such terrible bills that were introduced this session. I have been diligently tracking each bill and keeping a watchful eye on their progress through the legislative process. Here is where things currently stand:

HB 1010 (Senn)– Concerning the disposition of forfeited firearms by the Washington state patrol.

Scheduled to be passed from Senate Law & Justice on 2/20.

HB 1068 (Valdez)/SB 5062 (Kuderer) – Concerning high capacity magazines.

House bill appears to be dead. Senate bill is dead.

SB 1286 (Peterson)/SB 5340 (Kuderer) – Banning the sale of assault weapons and large capacity magazines.

HB 1315 (Lovick)/SB 5174 (Palumbo – no longer in office) – Concerning concealed pistol license training.

House bill is on 2nd Reading Review in the House Rules Committee, three steps away from a floor vote. Senate Bill is dead.

HB 1346 (Pollet) – Preventing lead exposure in young people.

Appears to be dead.

HB 1374 (Macri) – Relating to local government authority to regulate firearms.

Appears to be dead.

HB 1530 (Davis)/SB 5434 (Wilson, C.) – Restricting possession of weapons in certain locations.

House bill appears to be dead. Senate bill passed the Senate 27-10 on 2/13. Now goes to the House.

HB 2240 (Valdez)/SB 6077 (Kuderer) – Concerning high capacity magazines.

House bill is on 2nd Reading, two steps away from a floor vote. Senate bill is on 2nd Reading Review in the Senate Rules Committee, three steps away from a floor vote.

HB 2241 (Peterson)/SB 6076 (Kuderer) – Concerning assault weapons and large capacity magazines.

HB 2467 (Hansen) – Establishing a centralized single point of contact background check system for firearms transfers.

Passed the House 66-32 on 2/13. Now goes to the Senate.

HB 2519 (Walen) – Concerning reasonable public safety measures to prevent dangerous individuals from acquiring ammunition.

Appears to be dead.

HB 2555 (Goodman) – Concerning background check requirements for firearms classified as other under federal firearms laws.

HB 2622 (Kilduff) – Concerning procedures for ensuring compliance with court orders requiring surrender of firearms, weapons, and concealed pistol licenses.

Passed the House 56-42 on 2/13. Now goes to the Senate.

HB 2623 (Walen) – Prohibiting the possession of firearms by persons convicted of certain criminal offenses.

HB 2925 (Senn)/SB 6686 (Das) – Prohibiting the possession of weapons on state capitol grounds.

NEW bills, introduced late in the session. Unsure of pending action at this time. Most likely dead.

SB 6161 (Dhingra) – Imposing an excise tax on ammunition.

Appears to be dead.

SB 6288 (Dhingra) – Creating the Washington office of firearm violence prevention.

Senate bill is on 2nd Reading, two steps away from a floor vote.

SB 6294 (Salomon) – Concerning concealed pistol license training requirements.

SB 6307 (Liias) – Communicating mass violence threats.

There are so many of these bills in both chambers, it is possible I may have missed one or more. If there is a specific bill you were concerned about and I didn't include it in the list above, please let me know the bill number and I'd be happy to provide you a status update and contact information for the prime sponsor.

The House and the Senate will be on the floor voting on bills all day, every day until February 19th . Any bill currently on 2nd or 3rd Reading could come up for a vote at any time. I would keep a keen eye on the House Floor Activity Report and the Senate Floor Activity Report. Here is a tutorial on how to read the Bill History page on the legislative website that might help to better understand what 2nd Reading Review, 2nd Reading, and 3rd Reading means.

I offer the caveat that where I have noted a bill appears to be dead… these things have a nasty habit of springing back to life unexpectedly in the 11th hour, so I would encourage you to remain diligently engaged on the progress of these bills. As you likely know, I am opposed to each and every one of these bills and will continue to fight on your behalf. But please keep contacting the sponsors of these bills (their e-mail addresses are linked above) and let them know how you feel about them. You should also contact Governor Jay Inslee and Attorney General Bob Ferguson, as many of these bills were directly requested by them.

Yours in service,

Senator Lynda Wilson

17th Legislative District

Olympia Office - 110 Irv Newhouse Building

PO Box 40417 - Olympia, WA 98504

* [email protected] ( 360.786.7632

Follow me on Facebook!
Great summary, thanks for posting.

For what it's worth, I just received an email from one of my representatives saying HB2555 just came up for a vote, she voted NO, but the bill did pass and will now be referred to the Senate for consideration.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top