JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Im wondering how many gun rights supporters would support universal background checks (UBCs) on all gun sales (new or used) if there was no registration scheme included in the process?

Im not certain yet how such a system would work, or even if its possible, but for the sake of this dicussiin lets say that for all firearm transfers the make, model and serial number would not be included anywhere in the background check process, the 4473 would still be used, the call would be made and upon approval the gun would be transferred.

Thoughts?

Nope. Its still an unnecessary intrusion that restricts the one enumerated right to include the phrase "shall not be infringed".

It still gives the government the ability to restrict and regulate and still pegs you as a gun owner. They don't need make model and SN to know you have guns or a rough idea how many.

Its a bad law proven NOT to prevent crimes, and there are well known failures where the chain breaks and a "prohibited person" still git his guns through legal means.

Not possible. The data would exist somewhere since everything is computerized. If the data exists, then someone will eventually use it to advance registration.
There is no good enough with these people. They have a history of being given an inch and taking a mile. If we acquiesce on this, they won't stop until they have steamrolled your guns right out from under you.

Not possible. The data would exist somewhere since everything is computerized. If the data exists, then someone will eventually use it to advance registration.
There is no good enough with these people. They have a history of being given an inch and taking a mile. If we acquiesce on this, they won't stop until they have steamrolled your guns right out from under you.
We have no obligation whatsoever to "give them something" in exchange for our freedom. Would you call it a good deal to go looking for robbers and give them your watch, wallet, and phone in exchange for them promising to try not to rob you?

Law abiding gun owners are not the problem and we have no obligation to pay for the crimes of others.

I think that eventually AI will be implemented to keep an overall "citizen score" on everybody. This will consist of driving records, criminal history, credit scores, social media, browsing history, and other traceable factors. There will be only one ID needed for anything and everything, even concealed carry. It's coming folks. This will be the scene within 5-10 years. All systems will be tied in to AI at some point. Your access to many things will depend on your worthiness according to your citizen score.

The only solution to save humanity and freedom in such a scheme is a massive EMP taking us back to precomputer era. Tall order. Sometimes I really wish I'd been born about 40 years sooner...:(

The only solution to save humanity and freedom in such a scheme is a massive EMP taking us back to precomputer era. Tall order. Sometimes I really wish I'd been born about 40 years sooner...:(
Personally, I'm hoping for a great big internet EMP.

No. Paperwork is for accountants and irs officials- neither of wich have any place in a free society. Guess I'm a radical.

I'm the type that believes that any American citizen should be able to own a fully equipped f22 raptor or a10 warthog with little more than a handshake.

Brrrrrrrrrrp. Thanks @notazombie !!

maxresdefault.jpg

I don't think we should even have a class of people walking around that are "prohibited persons". But we do and since that probably isn't changing in my lifetime, how about when you become a prohibited person, you get a punch out on your drivers license?

Pretty much everybody would then just ask for a quick peek at your DL during FTF deals. Easy peasy, no registration, no added cost for doing BGC after BGC on the same non prohibited people, and it would instantly nearly completely eliminate the sales if firearms to prohibited persons. Buuuuuut we all know that's not the real goal;)

Ummmmm............................ No.

Make it free, make it instant, no paperwork, one simple phone call/internet search made by the seller with no govt involvement and I might consider supporting it.

On the other hand, if those "prohibited persons" (known to be dangerous..?) weren't out on the street among the law abiding, then we wouldn't need such a system, would we?

Ray

I actually would in the case that it was free, and they would actually punish criminals, and get rid of class 3 restrictions as well as passing a universal 50 state carry permit.
And no high cap mag restrictions

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR