JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
just got 4 #'s of this for some lighter 357 loads i usually load 14gr of 2400 under any 158gr but they are kinda hard on the hand so i figured i would give something else a try to make my range outings more pleasant .

anyone care to share there data with this powder?

i have loaded a few 125gr xtp's but also plan to use it with 158's

here's what i have brewed so far (untested) not gonna be able to make it out until the weather gets a little nicer.

125gr xtp
wsp primer
9gr unique
1.590 oal
crimped with lee factory crimp die (about 1/4 turn)

i am shooting them out of a 2" sp101

I get some of my best accuracy with Unique in the .357. I am currently loading 7 gr. of Unique with 125 gr. Laser Cast SWC bullets. Very accurate - especially out of my 16" Winchester Trapper.

that is what i understand, it is also supposed to be a very good short barrel powder from what i read.
kinda wondering if the 9gr that i chose to start with is a little high though.

yikes !

some folks enjoy heavy hitters out of a snubby.I'm just not into pain,lol

for sure ,try them before u load a ton of them and develop a really bad flinch .

for sure, i am gonna load a 3 different weights 10 of each ill shoot 5 of each through the chrony and a 5 shot group. whichever one i get the best results with i will keep. wont be near as bad as the 2400 with 14gr i am pushing a 158gr bullet at about 1190 fps and those are definately hard on the palms but i will use them for hunting. that is my favorite so far with the 2400 and i have loaded quite a few of those just looking for something lighter to make my range time more pleasant

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top