JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I saw them in the catalog and was considering it buying one to keep a few things in and maybe hang a picture in front of. I just don't like electronic safes and what scares me even more is its electronic coming from harbor freight.

I saw them in the catalog and was considering it buying one to keep a few things in and maybe hang a picture in front of. I just don't like electronic safes and what scares me even more is its electronic coming from harbor freight.
Agree completely, though from my previous budget wall safe review I found that the dial safe type had a non changing combination which was required in conjunction with the key.

The HF sold one may be electronic but it also can be accessed by a key. Glad that the two are mutually exclusive unlike other safe. Probably would run one without a combination or leave the batteries out of it entirely.

I may go to the store and take a look at one sometime really soon, if not today but doubtful of that soon.

I saw this safe at one of the harbor freight stores. It looked pretty well made, I was also wondering about the electronics in it. It is a simple design so maybe it's just fine. One thing for sure it is priced right. It may be possible to put a dial on it. But I bet the retrofit would cost more than the whole thing.

Burt Reynolds made a movie in Portland some years back called Breaking In, and in the first part of the movie it shows him taking a hatchet to the sheetrock and studs to remove the a wall safe.
It just played yesterday morning. Not a bad movie and it showed some local scenery.

The security on the cheap Chinese digital safes is pretty horrible. From what I've seen you can open almost any of them in under a minute, little violence required. I'm not going to post the video of how to do it, but if you search You Tube you'll see what I mean.

Might be a little more than you wanted to spend, but personally I'd be lots more comfortable with something like this:

S19-B2

The security on the cheap Chinese digital safes is pretty horrible. From what I've seen you can open almost any of them in under a minute, little violence required. I'm not going to post the video of how to do it, but if you search You Tube you'll see what I mean.

Might be a little more than you wanted to spend, but personally I'd be lots more comfortable with something like this:

S19-B2
That one doesn't mount inside a wall...

Remember guys anything expensive is in the big safe. This is just for my wife's toys (Stomper get your head out of the gutter), and something to keep her jewelry from being in a drawer in the bathroom. Besides, we hide stuff behind wall art so it's hidden in plain sight.

It's like the GunVault in the bedroom. It keeps little hands and sticky fingers off of stuff.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews