JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My favorite guitarist is Jimmy Page...That said I wouldn't call him underrated.

Roy Clark is overlooked at times....that man could play for sure.
Phil X is another guitarist worth a listen.
Andy

Jimmy Page is my favorite guitarist, too, but I would in no way consider him or Stevie Ray Vaughn to be underrated. They're always in or near the top ten of the lists I mentioned.
I was not familiar with Lightnin' Hopkins, thanks for posting that video. I hadn't heard of Phil X either. This thread is working! :s0056:

I was going to mention Lindsey Buckingham in my original post, but I didn't have a handy video to back up my claim.

I agree that Nancy Wilson is very underrated. For a long time I thought Ann Wilson was the main reason for Heart's success, but I gradually came around to thinking it is Nancy for creating Heart's unique sound.

Steve Luthacure, Toto
Steve Stevens, Billy Idol
Jason Becker, various
Marty Friedman, various
Brad Paisley

Just a few, there are many who don't get the air time or fame for their talents!

Agree with Roy Clark, that man could play a mean 6 string, saw him live with Buck Owens, what a show!

Great thread! How about...

Gatemouth Brown (also a great fiddle player BTW,) Plus Roy, and check out the Pedal Steel guy!

Uli Jon Roth. Maybe not under rated but definitely under appreciated.

And then there's this kid . He's like 18 now. The next big thing in the guitar world. If only because you need to look this goofy to keep up with Paul Gilbert and Guthrie Govan.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews