Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

UN GUN CONTROL here in the USA?

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by zeezee, Dec 20, 2009.

1. zeezee

zeezee nowheresville Member

2. tallshipsgo

tallshipsgo Springfield OR Well-Known Member

UN members have been talking about this for a very long time. They only now, due to the current administration, have any chance of getting the agenda pushed through. The prez and AG have already made it clear that they would happily flush US sovereignty down the toilet to appease the UN. Fun stuff, eh? If nothing else it'll be interesting.

3. Arkitek

Arkitek Historic Downtown Roseburg Oregon Member

Its very disturbing to hear that an UN international treaty is unreversable...and if signed by our UN reps...we could loose our rights guaranteed by the second amendment to bear arms!
    If this is all true...
    We need to...watch this one close!
    IANSA = EVIL:(

4. el gringo loco

el gringo loco PDX Member

I would not worry too much about that. The USA does not exactly have a great record of honoring treaties. Talk to any of America's Native Peoples....

5. Comunistul

Comunistul SE Portland Member

Stock up on ammo!

6. bersaguy

bersaguy Oregon Member

Unfortunately, under the current administration we do not have a strong, pro-second amendment UN ambassdor like former UN Ambassedor John Bolton. However, as I understand the US Constitution, any treaty has to be ratified by a 2/3 vote of the Senate. Even though the Dems control the Senate, I don't think an anti-gun vote would get through. That is my .02 cents.

7. tallshipsgo

tallshipsgo Springfield OR Well-Known Member

That's true. And thank God for that too.

8. Gunner3456

Gunner3456 Salem Well-Known Member

Relax for now. It takes a 2/3 vote (67 members out of the 100) of our Senate to ratify a treaty. Not going to happen on this one.

The House doesn't get a vote. It doesn't matter what the POTUS signs or agrees to.

9. LibertyorDeath

LibertyorDeath Western Washington Member

You have a good point.

10. T-Steve

T-Steve Beaverton, OR New Member

Never relax on this topic. Never just stock up on ammo. In the long term view, think about what IANSA is ultimately doing: Removal of guns from the public (including you).

Please be proactively notifying your congressmen, mayor, and other representatives of your view. Most importantly, VOTE accordingly.