JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's funny, cuz the P89 was next on my list to post. Really.:)

But the irony...The model you posted was the one P-series model that is attactive.

It has seemed to morph into something different in my eye over many years. When I bought it I thought it was the ugliest pistol I had ever owned. WAY too damn big and heavy for a 9 to me. Always like the HP a LOT. This was very cheap at the time so it came home. The more I shot it though especially with those sheet metal shop looking mags I got from Midway the better it seemed to look. Funny how that works out. :D

Net grab of my ugliest gun. I love the little boomerang though..
Smith 422

300px-Smith_and_Wesson_Model_422.png

30 posts and no Hi-Points?? Or Lo-Points as Jeannie says.

The rules specifically stated, no photos from the net. So, since I do not own, and will never own a Hi Point, I can never have my own photo. But since the gauntlet has been thrown down, I do happen to have a photo of a Hi point on my Photo Bucket. Stand by.

Wow. That took some searching. And it's still ugly.

Photo removed.

And now that I'm forced to no longer abide by the rules, let me show another oogly selection.

Photo removed.

This Heritage Rough Rider, although just slightly improved, still looks like the spawn of a
Rg/Rohm/Clerke/Arminius orgy...

Photos removed.

Hard to imagine we could actually buy these revolvers for only $29.99 :D

Last Edited:
This always seemed butt ugly to me but it did certainly grow on me over years. Only bought it because the great ban was going in and I din't have any double stacks. Did not want one. Figured I would buy one just since they were trying to do away with them. Rode safe for years. Then Midway had those USA mags in 15 and 20 round on sale. I bought a couple and they were VERY poorly made but damned if they did not work in this pistol. The 20 round mags were hard to even get in the well but they don't jam. That speaks to the pistol not the mags. So finally I loaded up a couple factory mags with the Speer 124+P stuff for the Wife to try. She can handle it in this since it's so damn big and heavy. Became a good house gun for her. Nothing to remember. Just pick it up and it will fire 16 times. In time it started looking a little better as it just eats everything no matter what ammo or how poor the mags are. That strange "P-Series" trigger still irks me but Wife seems to take right too it enough for what it's for. Still seems like an ugly damn gun to me but it works so well I can't bring myself to let it go. Has even been a "loaner" for a couple people who needed something until they could buy one of their own for home. View attachment 331547

I've always had a soft spot for those P series Rugers - big, heavy, maybe just a little bit ugly, but reliable and accurate. I've owned several over the years.

Picked this up neary new at a pawn shop FFL for a C note. It runs "okay," but there are... Nuances. Only works with BX-1 mags for now.

View attachment 331629

I've almost bought one of those several times, just for the hell of it, since it's such a weird gun. But watching videos they seem so unreliable and borderline dangerous, I just had to pass. I heard they are very sensitive to ammo, and everything else....:rolleyes:

I've almost bought one of those several times, just for the hell of it, since it's such a weird gun. But watching videos they seem so unreliable and borderline dangerous, I just had to pass. I heard they are very sensitive to ammo, and everything else....:rolleyes:
I get about 90% compliance with CCI minimags. I did burn my finger once, but that was my own fault. The only thing that I'm going to change is the mass of the bolt itself. I think a heavier bolt will slow it down enough to be a lot more reliable. The accuracy is tough to beat.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews