JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One I keep bouncing back to from time to time is a Uberti 1873 in .357 Magnum or, most preferably, .44 Magnum. Of the variants, this one in particular:

1599274440005.png

I see decent reviews online, but don't know much about them. (The only 1873 I have, albeit quite limited, experience was an original in .44-40 WCF.)

Anywho, just curious. Gracias. :s0155:

I have the 1873 uberti carbine in .357
So far pretty sweet. Only put about 60 rounds through it so far.
Still stiff action, but i think that's a good sign that it was made right and not sloppy!!

I'm familiar with the model in 45 Colt. Slicked up a bit for cowboy action, it is one sweet machine. Smooth & glitch free, accurate and likes anything you feed it.

Uberti's clone of an 1873 in .22LR is the Silver Boy. I bought one a few years ago and was impressed with the fit and finish, action smoothness, and light trigger for the $320 I paid for it.

RfvWIXROS8e506vrfw_qUA.jpg

I don't own one but have asked @LuckySG to keep an eye out for a competition or special sport for me.

At some point in the (hopefully) near future I'll be able to give you a review.

I has a Cimmeron 1876 Win NWMP Clone in 45-75 WCF, & I love it.
Supposed to made by Uberti in Brescia.

I also have an 1873 Win type made 1889.
It was in 32-20 but got rebarreled w/ a US Springfield '03 turned into a 32-20..
Seems like a lot of work but I was told that was Not uncommon after WWI.

I replaced the Toggles w/ Modern Steel..
I still have yet to shoot it, but soon....

Gentlemanly advice:

Should the Good Sir choose to purchase a Winchester Model of 1873, it would do him well to obtain that rifle in a caliber of which it was originally chambered.

My favorite is the .44-40. It has served me well on Antelope and Bear.

One I keep bouncing back to from time to time is a Uberti 1873 in .357 Magnum or, most preferably, .44 Magnum. Of the variants, this one in particular:

View attachment 745259

I see decent reviews online, but don't know much about them. (The only 1873 I have, albeit quite limited, experience was an original in .44-40 WCF.)

Anywho, just curious. Gracias. :s0155:
I've been looking at this in .357 Mag.
H012CC-MRCC-Color-Case-awarded.32018-scaled.jpg

I got a Euro Arms 1873 clone in .357 Mag and an 1873 Uberti clone in .45 LC. But, they both have taken a back seat to my Marlin 1894s in .357 Mag. But that's mostly because I haven't really made any effort to "slick up" the Winchester clones.

Out of the box and with little work....the Marlins were IMHO....."Better".

Aloha, Mark

Looked at many Uberties and Pedersolis as well and they both look excellent! Actually considered one previously.

Heck If I happen to stumble on a good used one in a config I want (which would be an 1873) I 'll probably buy it.

I got a Euro Arms 1873 clone in .357 Mag and an 1873 Uberti clone in .45 LC. But, they both have taken a back seat to my Marlin 1894s in .357 Mag. But that's mostly because I haven't really made any effort to "slick up" the Winchester clones.

Aloha, Mark

Aloha, Mark
If Hollywood had any sense of firearms reality.....
I can Hear THE DUKE Saying:
"Hand me that MARLIN PILGRIM"...:) :s0120:

LOL....and if the move was supposed to be a Civil War movie......the Duke would have his 1892/1894 Winchester and SAA.

Aloha, Mark
Spot on...
There might be an outtake of a WWII Flick where he says "Hand me That Winney" while reaching out for an M1 or a Thompson...

He is still my Hero...:):)

Yep - good looking gun.

No complaints with any of the MODERN Italian re-pops I have held and examined.

I am currently 'dabbling' with the idea of a Miroku WInchester 1873 (again) !

Last Edited:
I've owned a few original Winchester '73's as well as a couple of Uberti copies of the same.
Both were fun to shoot.
The quality of the Uberti copies were excellent and they are indeed a beautiful firearm.

However I do wonder about the toggle link system , etc...of a 1873 design with a cartridge that wasn't around when the rifle was designed.
I do understand the idea that with modern steel , this may not be an issue....Just as I said wondering.
Andy

However I do wonder about the toggle link system , etc...of a 1873 design with a cartridge that wasn't around when the rifle was designed.
Never owned one (but soon may) However I have known many who have owned them - mostly Italian re-pops, and reading about them as well for years on forums and I have never heard or read about any reporting problems with them.

Other than the challenges of using a mod '73 for CASS shooting the modern '73s seem well suited for the .357 Mag.

And heck, if the .357 Mag cartridge was around in 1873 the Model 73 would probably been chambered for it!

Never owned one (but soon may) However I have known many who have owned them - mostly Italian re-pops, and reading about them as well for years on forums and I have never heard or read about any reporting problems with them.

Other than the challenges of using a mod '73 for CASS shooting the modern '73s seem well suited for the .357 Mag.

And heck, if the .357 Mag cartridge was around in 1873 the Model 73 would probably been chambered for it!

Well as I said...
I have owned both original and Uberti copies...
So I do wonder about it....a bit...not enough to lose any sleep over it though.
Andy

i has an original from 1889 that was rebarrelled w/ a 1918 US Springfield Bbl
morphed into the 32-20 WCF. I've been told that This was Not uncommon.

It had a broken Toggle.

I replaced them w/ New Mfg Toggles From LEE SHAVER GUNSMITHING.
He is a wealth of knowledge & modern Metalurgy solves any concer abt their strength. IIRC they were $100.00, now a bit more, but I sold the Originals incl the broken piece for $100.00 so I B good....:);)

NEW PINS INCLUDED.

LS1873TOGGLE__14514.1383287287.1280.1280.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews