JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
June 8, 2017. About 4 pm in the afternoon. Interesting. Had to turn on the heaters today inside the house. Seems we opened up last night going to bed. Pretty much a usual routine this time of year in SW OR USA. After all it is early June. The house cooled off too much. A gentle steady rain all night. A cold and cloudy day. Must be man caused global warming caused by mankind increased CO2 levels responsible for this. :) :)

Doesn't it always rain during Rose Festival week.
Yeah, that and the 4th of July on the coast. One year we had a big roaring fire on the beach at Rockaway, cedar/2X4's etc. Nice clear skies except for one big black cloud out over the ocean heading our way. About the time the fireworks were gonna start it rained so hard it put the fire out. We went home and the kids played with sparklers under the carport.

Typically, summer type weather doesn't really get here until just after the 4th of July. Many 4th's have had their fireworks displays in doubt over low cloud cover and potential for drizzle. I too am born and raised PNW and like the cooler temps too. I can get warm that's never been a problem, but I just can't cool off as easy.

Last Edited:
I too am born and raised PNW and like the cooler temps too.

I wasn't born here. I came here at 27 in 1983 but feel like a true Nortwesterner. The politics of the heavily populated areas are driving me think about being anywhere else though. Oregon, or otherwise.

I wasn't born here. I came here at 27 in 1983 but feel like a true Nortwesterner. The politics of the heavily populated areas are driving me think about being anywhere else though. Oregon, or otherwise.

If you've been here this long, yes your are a Northwestener ........ hmmm, but only if you're Patches Pal and towed home made wooden hydro planes behind your bicycle during Seafair. :)

Things seemed to start going sour around here 79'-82'. That's kind of when the Seattle skyline was starting to see lots of changes and the Smith Tower was no longer the tallest building in Seattle. I can't remember when, maybe when I was working at Boeing around then, when I first noticed we had traffic reports on the radio. It was a little weird because even then traffic went very fast and smooth. There were actually "rush" hours .......... morning and early evening. Now it's just all the time.

My advice, Idaho not Oregon.

I just reseeded my lawn after I added a 6' x12' section of turf blocks so I can drive onto my lawn in front of my shop and not get yelled at by my wife for putting ruts in the grass.
With this free rain, I don't have to turn on the sprinklers.

Here's an inter-web pic showing what they look like.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0-KYPtnxFNkGhbnXVe5YJfkbAelJ10bopHhVubgrniYTaio17.jpg

I don't mind a week or so of warm days with 2-3 days of rain in-between makes it nice. But someone should tell the weather man rain is for the week days not weekend

Must be man caused global warming caused by mankind increased CO2 levels responsible for this. :) :)

But wait, they said it so it must be true. And that I need to feel guilty about it. Or maybe it was feel guilty about being white? Or a man??
Damn, now I'm so confused...I guess I better run for FBI director.

I like the rain, keeps it green, keeps it cool, keeps the crowds away from me.

PS: it will be cooler for ten years, then hotter for ten years, then repeat... the snow storm is the signal for us.
But yes, even if you aren't worried about global warming, worry about the crap you have to breathe. Maybe it's just me, but my lungs work better outside of the city.

For god sake guys man up and buy a dang air conditioner. Its funner going out shooting in the sun! Now if we could keep it around 75 I would be happy :p:D

We haven't set up in the rain and shot from a table under a canopy yet;):D.

That and the cool air keeps the barrels cooler longer :rolleyes:.

Now shooting trap is nicer in the nice weather though:cool:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR