JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello Everyone,

I just upgraded my truck and am looking for some secure storage for when I carry long guns in my vehicles. Wondering if anyone knows of custom fit under rear seat storage. I bought a Tundra and so far this company is winning for security and concealing.

F150 SuperCrew Under Seat Lockbox

Anyone have any experience with them? I've looked at Console Vault, but it won't fit with my model of truck.

Thanks!

I have that very model for my F-150 supercrew Dustin and I think it's fantastic. They oversell how secure it is, I think I could pry it open fairly quickly, but when you are in a crowded campground (was in Yosemite for example) and your wife wants to tuck her purse away before you go hiking and leaving the vehical in an exposed lonely location, bam, it's locked up and totally out of sight- invisible, under the seat - just that quick. The trick is not to leave any prying tools nearby. 95% or more of trailhead thefts are smash and grab. This eliminates that issue. I also lined the inside with foam that I fished out of a nearby dumpster. I had a come-along that was loudly slamming into the bare metal sides on every corner. That got fixed with the foam. Real happy customer here, not sure it's an ideal weapon carrier though.

Last Edited:
Thanks for the reply Bill.

The Tuffy case so far has fit all the points I am concerned about, but now knowing it's not great in the tamper proof category I will keep looking.

Would you buy it again? It might be the one I purchase, my search thus far hasn't returned many options.

I'd buy it for sure in a heartbeat Dustin. But I don't carry weapons in it. If I was, I still might get it as it would make them invisible to the outside (in my Ford) and be locked up to prevent a casual or fast smash and grab theft. I use mine for comealongs, axes, hatchet, extra rope, pulleys, webbing, flashlights, tools, etc etc.

Glad you like it! My truck got broken into a bit ago. 2016 Ford F-150. The jerkoff, some random kid grabbed my loose cash in the center console. DID NOT SEE THE SPARE TRUCK KEY, NOR FIDDLE WITH THE TUFFY WHICH HAD @ $600 worth of crap in it. Here's the 2 very interesting things: 1st) the punk had a device which opened the new cars on the block. How do I know this? My daughter watched it go down. 3am, she's on the back porch having a PTSD moment and a breath of fresh air and the security light goes on, followed by the interior light of the truck. That leads to the 2nd interesting thing, the police caught him based on the description she phoned in. I pressed charges and he skipped town. There is a warrant for his arrest I believe.

Turns out, the device he had opened all the new cars on the block, but not the older ones (ie, 2011 Suburu NO, 2009 VW Rabbit NO) 2017 this and 2016 that, opened them right up.

It may be that shielding your key with foil keeps you safer...but I haven't confirmed that. The Tuffy wasn't found, so I don't know what it would look like if a screwdriver was taken to it. Hope I never learn:)

BTW, the truck key was always kept inside as I get out to the deep woods and want climbing partners to have access to it in an emergency. Thus, I always tell them the electronic pin to get inside. I got lucky. Took the key out now.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top