JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Tucker goes into the ongoing attack on the right to self-defense in this country. He covers a few high profile cases, some example are better than others. Discussed is how often those using SD are actively prosecuted while many perpetrators are giving a pass by the system.

Last Edited:
I hope more people who vote watch this and decide they are sick of it. I also hope more people will not dodge jury duty. Only two ways to "fix this". Vote well and if you end up on a jury refuse to convict people who were defending themselves.

Trust Tucker to spin things just enough to manufacture fake outrage :rolleyes:

Seriously, there are tons of legit cases he could have used for examples but nope, Mr. "no reasonable viewer would believe him" Carlson has to drag up some good old fashion dog whistle racism just to rile up his audience, which according to his bosses is made up of unreasonable people*

*don't get mad at me, it was his bosses that said that! :s0112:

Tucker Carlson is a charlatan. Move along. Nothing to see here.
ThisGuy.gif

"….old fashion dog whistle racism"

"Tucker Carlson is a charlatan. Move along. Nothing to see here."

Wow. Who are you guys?
Can't speak for him, but I'm a conservative that doesn't care for Tucker or his dog whistle racism

But for what its' worth, this question has come up before and it ends in thread locks and temporary account bans for violating forum rules. ;)
Maybe just accept that there are other members here that are strong 2a supporters that have a different point of view on Tucker and the like?

Last Edited:
So if I read that story right the firefighter guy followed the guy outside. The rest of the story is too subjective to judge.
Then there's the taqueria shooting Carlson cites. I haven't heard if anyone's charged the guy for that last shot but even pro 2A lawyers are agreeing thats a grey area.

While Tucker often covers points and sentiment I could support, hes never impressed me with supportive facts. I agree lawful self defense is being proesecuted by the left but Tucker makes it hard to use his commentary as anything to base a discussion on.

So if I read that story right the firefighter guy followed the guy outside. The rest of the story is too subjective to judge.
Then there's the taqueria shooting Carlson cites. I haven't heard if anyone's charged the guy for that last shot but even pro 2A lawyers are agreeing thats a grey area.

While Tucker often covers points and sentiment I could support, hes never impressed me with supportive facts. I agree lawful self defense is being proesecuted by the left but Tucker makes it hard to use his commentary as anything to base a discussion on.
What discussion, I can use that in a link on HuffPost,
bet it drives progressives crazy

I rarely see any reporting (from anyone) that isn't propaganda.

Can't speak for him, but I'm a conservative that doesn't care for Tucker or his dog whistle racism

But for what its' worth, this question has come up before and it ends in thread locks and temporary account bans for violating forum rules. ;)
Maybe just except that there are other members here that are strong 2a supporters that have a different point of view on Tucker and the like?
It's none of my business what you like or don't.

But I'm an old guy who isn't a racist, so 'dog whistle racism' just doesn't compute. Educate me.

I think I agree with that.
but I look for the nuggets of truth in any story or commentary. If I cite a source in a discussion (or debate) someone will eventually say "yeah but thats "faux" news" as if that dismisses the true points being made. Then I ask them whats false... and they cant answer.

Except in this case, two of Tuckers citations are subjective and debatable and do not prove the left is persecuting lawful self defense.

You see propaganda, I see marketing and the roots of this problem go back to the Iranian hostage crisis and the launch of CNN and it's 24 hour news cycle. Long story short prior to that news was just that, news with (by todays standards) very little editorial comments masquerading as news. But almost over night the news segment went from 15 minutes 4 or maybe 6 times a day with no ad breaks to hours that cut into revenue from shows that got their time clipped to accommodate the news, so the bean counters decided that selling ad time during the news was necessary and as a result the 'news' got more sensationalist, more divisive and more frightening (is something in your house killing you right now? Turn in tomorrow at 6 to find out)
I don't have a great solution, just pointing out the problem

It's none of my business what you like or don't.

But I'm an old guy who isn't a racist, so 'dog whistle racism' just doesn't compute. Educate me.
The race of the gas station people and BLM had nothing to do with what happened, the only reason to include them in the story is to elicit a response having nothing to do with the actual facts

This thread is about the ongoing attack on a most basic human right, the right to self-defense it is NOT about Tucker Carlson or alleged racist BS. If you want to talk about that stuff how about creating your own thread or threads in the appropriate "Off Topic" forum.

This thread is about the ongoing attack on a most basic human right, the right to self-defense it is NOT about Tucker Carlson or alleged racist BS. If you want to talk about that stuff how about creating your own thread or threads in the appropriate "Off Topic" forum.
Well, the thread title has his name in it, and Tucker is a polarizing figure whether you like him or not.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top