JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I As the thread title says I am trying to choose between the two. The factors are: ability to carry (only when rarely needed) and accuracy.

Once I do I need to know the best way to sell the deselected gun. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated

1665422347882.png

If you must choose.....

1665423700647.png

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Depending on your size, a full sized 1911 will be harder to carry concealed. I had a 1911 and loved shooting it but also had a comparable size Sig P220. The Sig was just easier to live with.

But more than the gun, which caliber do you prefer 🤔. Assuming the 1911 isn't 9mm.

Depending on your size, a full sized 1911 will be harder to carry concealed. I had a 1911 and loved shooting it but also had a comparable size Sig P220. The Sig was just easier to live with.

But more than the gun, which caliber do you prefer 🤔. Assuming the 1911 isn't 9mm.
I'm 5'8", 160# and have no problem concealing a government model.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

We are doing non ODF supported cleanups at public forests - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

As someone that recently entered the world of 1911s, albeit with a Springfield 9mm version, they can be a bit finicky and have a somewhat limited capacity for the size. From a carry perspective, I would venture that the size, weight, and reliability is in the M&P 2.0's favor. It does lose out on coolness though. It's like a Toyota Carolla vs a Chevy Nova.

Whichever you choose, get plenty of ammo, get familiar with the gun without ammo around, get some training, and practice. A good gun belt and holster will make all the difference in how comfortable it is to carry.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

If your going to carry it….

Which one are you most comfortable with? Which are you most efficient with? Which one do you have the most confidence with? If your life is dependent on the firearm you choose then choose wisely.

You could easily conceal carry either of those guns.

Last Edited:
I used to carry a Sig 226, but recently picked up a M&P 2.0 compact (not the shield). It is a full pound lighter, can run 15 round compact mags or full sized M&P 2.0 17 round mags. frankly, I love this gun. it's inherent accuracy is right there with the Sig, but far more comfortable with the lighter weight.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top