JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I live in Clark County, WA.
I placed an order w/Silencer Shop for a Silencerco Sparrow and YHM ULT 7.62.
A buddy told me the Sheriff will sign off on the paperwork.
Should I do that, or have a trust made up?

I think the value of the trust is more than just not needing the CLEO sign off. If you want to allow special, select people to use your NFA toys without you present, then the trust is the way to go. If you buy other NFA items, you can use the same trust again without going back for more signatures. What does the signature cost? How about the finger print cards and passport photos? Those also cost a little bit for each item.

The NFA trust I have cost $97. I bought it online from http://nwgunlawgroup.com/gun-trusts/ I've used it 6 times so far. So it cost about $16 per stamp.

^ what he said.

However if the NFA item is just going to be yours and yours alone and you are even trying tk keep minimal costs down, the sign off is cheaper. Its the main reason I did mine that way. Every penny counts.

But Trusts have some advantages.

So I am thinking of getting a Thomas Machine Operator TD for my 10/22 TakeDown.

If I want my kids to inherit my suppressors, do I have to put their names on the trust in such a way that they show up on ATF's radar?

So far, they are not on any "list" because they have not purchased any firearms from an FFL, and I would like to keep it that way.

What other benefits of a trust are there?

They don't have to be on the trust when the stamp is issued. They just have to be on the trust before all the trustees and grantor die as those would be the only people able to alter the trust. You can add them at anytime ( and remove them).

I don't have to go to the Sheriff's office during his "signing hours" and wait

If you ever do move to a not so NFA friendly area and can't get a LEO sign-off then you'd already have a functioning trust.

You can add other property to it to protect the property or yourself.

The list really goes on for the trust benefits....

...and yea, I know it's a tax free transfer when I die, but the trust thing seemed soooo much easier.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top